Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I wanted some fresh opinions. I'm planning ahead for iOS 6 and I'm looking to get a car mount for using the Turn by Turn features. There's so many out there... I don't even know where to start. Here's one I'm looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y97SPI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3VINPDK0TK1JI

Ideally I'd love to find one that fits with my case on it as well, but that's not a must. (Switcheasy TRIM)

I'd love anyone's 2 cents!

Cheers

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
I just use one of those el cheapo generic ones you can get off ebay or amazon. It works so no complains. If you decide to go that route though try to get one that doesn't have too long of an arm, or else it will just flex.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
ProClip + Panavise. I personally don't trust suction mounts.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I wanted some fresh opinions. I'm planning ahead for iOS 6 and I'm looking to get a car mount for using the Turn by Turn features. There's so many out there... I don't even know where to start.
Prior threads are an excellent place to start. Things haven't drastically changed in the world of mounts.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
I'm looking for a mount that will let me mount my phone flush against the surface of my civic's dash like so:

content

All the mounts i've seen have it sitting on top of the dashboard like a bobble head, or hanging off the windshield like spiderman. I just want it flush against the dash like its just another control next to the other knobs.

Any idea?

radicalDESIGNZ

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
I'm looking for a mount that will let me mount my phone flush against the surface of my civic's dash like so:

All the mounts i've seen have it sitting on top of the dashboard like a bobble head, or hanging off the windshield like spiderman. I just want it flush against the dash like its just another control next to the other knobs.

Any idea?

i have a civic too and i have a pro clip that goes right above the air conditioning vent where the iphone is in the picture. i have an extra one for sale if you'd like you can PM me.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I saw no one suggest the Magellan. It has a built in speaker, built in gps chip to amplify signal and of course charges your i while it's used. Pricier than your average mount but if you wish to specifically purchase an item to use your turn by turn feature it's a very sweet option. It also works with all turn by turn programs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002WN30IM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.