Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Schnigges
macrumors newbie

Lecture Recording via iPad

Hey guys,

A few days ago I bought the new iPad. I want to record my lectures at school and would like to know if someone can suggest a good app for recording audio.
It must be possible to record at least 90 minutes and the files shouldn't be that large.

Hope to hearing from you,
Schnigges
Schnigges is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:58 AM   #2
MirroRobin
macrumors member

I believe apps like Notability, Notes Plus and Remarks can record audio (check descriptions on iTunes to be sure). Furthermore, they allow you to take notes while doing so, which is great in my opinion. Remarks has just added an audio recording feature a couple of weeks ago and has no way of exporting the audio file from the iPad right now. Therefore, I suggest the other two mentioned apps if you want to listen to the lectures on your laptop for example.
MirroRobin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Schnigges
macrumors newbie

First of all thanks for the quick reply.
I'll definitely try Notability, which sounds great. But it seems to be a little overkill...
Actually it would be enough to just record the audio, and afterwards I plan to annotate my lecture slides with GoodReader while re-listening to the recorded audio.
So if someone knows an app that "does just this" it would be much appreciated.
Schnigges is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnigges View Post
First of all thanks for the quick reply.
I'll definitely try Notability, which sounds great. But it seems to be a little overkill...
Actually it would be enough to just record the audio, and afterwards I plan to annotate my lecture slides with GoodReader while re-listening to the recorded audio.
So if someone knows an app that "does just this" it would be much appreciated.
If you prefer compressed AAC audio, go for Top Secret Audio Recorder ( http://itunes.apple.com/app/top-secr...361214813?mt=8 ), it's, currently, the only app in the AppStore with AAC recording capabilities. (Using AAC is way better than CAF or, even worse, WAV if you need as little storage usage as possible). It also supports Also Scheduler, audio activation (with a 10s cooldown), hidden Documents dir and unlock passcode.

If you don't need the least storage usage possible and/or would prefer a recorder with instant editing capabilities and a GREAT waveform-based editor, I recommend Recorder Plus HD ( http://itunes.apple.com/app/recorder...499490287?mt=8 ).

Also of interest is AudioNote (Lite) ( http://itunes.apple.com/app/audionot...379301403?mt=8 ), which allows for not only taking notes during recording, but also directly synchronizing (!!!!!) even the words in your notes to the recorded stream. It may be a godsend if you don't want to synchronize your text with the recording. (Unfortunately, audio recording-wise, it's otherwise pretty dumb.)
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:25 PM   #5
robdam1001
macrumors 6502a

+1 for Notability. Any recording app that you use will create large audio files FYI.
robdam1001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:27 AM   #6
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdam1001 View Post
+1 for Notability. Any recording app that you use will create large audio files FYI.
Agreed - it's one of the very-very few apps to record directly into 64 kbps AAC. (The other I know is TSA I've recommended above.)
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 06:54 AM   #7
jojoba
macrumors 65816

I also recommend Notability. I also use Voice Memos sometimes, but more often Notability.
jojoba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:00 AM   #8
hchiba
macrumors newbie

Voice Recorder HD

I recommend Voice Recorder HD.(1.99$) Simple and easy to use.

http://www.facebook.com/efusion.en
hchiba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 01:58 PM   #9
RHPMM
macrumors newbie

MirrorCase for iPad

Hey Schnigges,

You can also check out MirrorCase for iPad, a multifunctional iPad case with a built in mirror that allows the user to capture video and photos with the iPad in a horizontal position.

It's great for recording video and audio with the iPad flat on a desk during a lecture or seminar.

http://www.mirrorcase.com/mirrorcase-for-ipad.htm
RHPMM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 03:04 AM   #10
mizaco
Banned

But can such app record a voice from a long distance?
mizaco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 03:14 AM   #11
abookin
macrumors newbie

Voice Record is free if you like to try it, but includes advertisement inside. For $2.99 you can switch it off.
abookin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps