Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Patch^
macrumors regular

Powerbook Combo Drive Problem!

Hi, I have a 12" Powerbook G4 and I have a CD-R stuck in my slot loading combo drive; because of this it is preventing me from booting Mac OS, the screen is black and there is a faint beeping sound.

I have phoned apple and many other services they have given me numerous shortcuts on the keyboard and nothing is working. This has happened before but it has always come out eventually, but it has been 2 days! And nothing is working :/ This has happened on and off since I installed tiger. I just want to get the CD out I don't care if the combo drive is broken cuz I recently bought an external optical drive.

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME!!!!!!!

plus my warranty ran out about 2 or 3 days ago

(If I get my Mac working I plan to do a clean install of Tiger. I have all my documents backed up as well.)

If all else fails I guess Iíll have to pay apple for the technical support or take it to a reseller place.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:29 PM   #2
eva01
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to eva01 Send a message via MSN to eva01 Send a message via Yahoo to eva01
do you have applecare?

and can you hold down the mouse button while powering on to see if that ejects it
Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:33 PM   #3
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva01
do you have applecare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch^
plus my warranty ran out about 2 or 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch^
Hi, I have a 12" Powerbook G4 and I have a CD-R stuck in my slot loading combo drive; because of this it is preventing me from booting Mac OS, the screen is black and there is a faint beeping sound.
I'm confused. I've booted my Mac with CDs in it before. Could it be a bigger problem? Or is there just no OS currently on the Mac?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:39 PM   #4
eva01
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to eva01 Send a message via MSN to eva01 Send a message via Yahoo to eva01
shows me how to read :/

call up apple and see if they would give you the leeway tell them it has been in the computer for 2 days when your warrantey was still in affect
Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:41 PM   #5
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva01
shows me how to read :/
I do it all the time. People seem to type faster than they can read.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs