Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:57 PM   #1
phlux
macrumors newbie

Original Android video?

I saw a video on here months ago that demonstrated the original Android phone that looked a lot like a blackberry, but now I can't find it. Does anyone happen to have that video, by chance?

Thanks!
phlux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:04 PM   #2
ghost115
macrumors newbie

Samsung jack
ghost115 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:09 PM   #3
kdarling
macrumors G5

You mean this one on YouTube?

(In case you're interested, the touchscreen version starts at 2:55)

---

While I have your eyes, please note that too many posters think Android was trying to look like a Blackberry, as if that was the only keyboard smartphone. Hardly.

---

First off, the demo keyboard-equipped phone is a clone of a known Windows Mobile smartphone.

Secondly, they were clearly trying to be a WinMo competitor, which came in both non-touch and touchscreen versions ("Smartphone" and "Pro").

Nobody in their right mind at the time would've given any thought to competing with RIM and their patented push network.

Thanks for listening. As you were

Last edited by kdarling; Jun 30, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
kdarling is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:16 PM   #4
Ayemerica
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarling View Post
You mean this one on YouTube?

(In case you're interested, the touchscreen version starts at 2:55)

---

While I have your eyes, please note that too many posters think Android was trying to look like a Blackberry, as if that was the only keyboard smartphone. Hardly.

---

First off, the demo keyboard-equipped phone is a clone of a known Windows Mobile smartphone.

Secondly, they were clearly trying to be a WinMo competitor, which came in both non-touch and touchscreen versions ("Smartphone" and "Pro").

Nobody in their right mind at the time would've given any thought to competing with RIM and their patented push network.

Thanks for listening. As you were
Thank you, I also forgot about the Samsung Jack.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices