Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

11/13" Air owners - how many hours a day are you viewing the screen?

• 11" - less than 2 hours

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 11" - 2 to 4 hours

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 11" - 4+

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • 13" - less than 2 hours

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 13" - 2 to 4 hours

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 13" - 4+

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
11/13" Air owners - how many hours a day are you viewing the screen, (not including any time spent hooked up to an external monitor)?

* please mention which Air you have, 11 or 13".

Curious to see if 13" owners spend more time on their computers over the 11" owners. Hence maybe the reason they went for the larger screen. Although many seem to use the 11" as their full time computer.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
Interesting poll.

I'm belting out hours on this 11" terrier. It's just so damn portable I can carry it anywhere with me. No room in the house is off-limits. And I mean that *wink*.

InfiniteDeath

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
I use my 11" with no external monitor for about 6 hours a day unless I have to do more intensive work then I go to my desktop pc or I hook up a spare monitor.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Interesting poll.

I'm belting out hours on this 11" terrier. It's just so damn portable I can carry it anywhere with me. No room in the house is off-limits. And I mean that *wink*.

Yes, that's why my 11" got so many hours use too, because of its portability and so easy to use anywhere.

People would ask me how do you stare at that little screen so many hours a day. That's coming from people who sit in one place, at a desk, in the same chair day after day after day.

My response of course was because I'm don't have to be hunch backed at a desk all day, for me the trade off in screen real estate was worth it. And in reality comparing it the 13" Air's I've owned I've always been more inclined to grab the 11" to make a quick note, or change a design I'm working on... it's so effortless you do it without thinking, otherwise the mind set was 'I'll do it later when I'm at my computer' - to me that's counter productive.

The 11" Air is the most inviting machine to grab and use. The 13" Air being my second choice and unfortunately the Retina MBP my third choice in that category.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.