Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ragnarokgoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ok guys, I used to run windows 7 with bootcamp and it worked perfect (deleted os x partition later) then tried windows 8 and toyed around a bit, did not like it a single bit!

Now i try to actually fresh install windows 7 with a formatted drive but i seem to be not succesfull with it!

I have tried many options but first just to install windows 7 first on USB (meehhh did not work and if someone has a suggestions??? (pretty please help me!) -- on booting i see a map with a "?" mark

then i tried it on windows 7 on cd (had to burn the cd :( , and did not work either -- on booting i see a map with a "?" mark

so i tried to be smart and just install again mac os X and then try it

but then i get following error Max Os X cannot be installed on this Computer

then i tried many guides among this one:

http://www.newsflap.com/2011/03/30/format-apple-macbook-reinstall-os/

Formation of An Apple MacBook :

1 – First of all, connect your Macbook’s power supply and do not forget to switch it off by pressing the Apple menu and clicking on ‘Shut down’ button.

2 – Now, insert the Mac OS X installation disk and click on it when it is ready to be opened.

3 – Select the desired language from the list given in the menu and then go for ‘Utilities’ menu and then select ‘Disk Utilities’

4 – From now on, the process might seem easy to you. Simply, select your hard drive it will be called ‘ Macintosh HD ‘ Erase it by clicking on the erase button and you will be asked for a new name to be kept for your hard drive. Now select, “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” which will be in ‘Format’ drop down menu and click on ‘Erase’ button.

5 – You can quit the disk utility by clicking on ‘Quit’ button from the file menu. Now all you have to do is follow up with the wizard and you’ll get a brand new Mac OS X copy installed.

So, we hope that you will be enjoying some speedy computing with a fresh Mac OS X copy, keep visiting our website to learn more about these kind of solutions.

then at step 5 i do as they say but

5 – You can quit the disk utility by clicking on ‘Quit’ button from the file menu. Now all you have to do is follow up with the wizard and you’ll get a brand new Mac OS X copy installed. the bold part i cannot execute and i cannot get any further

I also try to run repair and verify disk, it says that disk appears to be ok!, i also tried to

my info is as follow

mac book pro 17 inch model 2008 - i got on cd mac os x 10.4 and I had a while i was running windows 7 smooth a logic board replacement, u might think why this lastest is important, that is because when i had my logicboard replaced my white boot up screen always stayed white for a good 20 seconds.

i hope ppl can help me out on this tough cookie

ps1 Ofc I get the install option but after i choose language it gives within 3 seconds Max Os X cannot be installed on this Computer and i tried many options in utility disk and at the moment it is set atm to GUID partition table and i even tried master boot record for windows 7 etc

sorry for my really bad english <3

Cisco_Kid

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2005
British Columbia
The "osx cannot be installed.." usually means you are trying to install from the wrong DVD - an iMac restore (usually grey) disk does not work on an MBP.

+1

You are likely using the wrong installation media.

As for Windows, make sure you have no other drives plugged into the Mac while you are booting from the windows install DVD/USB. Sometimes windows can be a little picky about choosing a disk.

If the above fails for you, I would download Hiren's Boot Tools CD and use the disk tool to format the drive to NTFS and then retry the windows install.
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Ragnarokgoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
The "osx cannot be installed.." usually means you are trying to install from the wrong DVD - an iMac restore (usually grey) disk does not work on an MBP.

you were totally correct sir!

My dvd was not proper boot, so i burned it again with a program called imgburn and it worked as a charm! thanx for the help :p

now i got a other problem i need to tackle
I run windows 7 64 ultimate on it, and it is on this model MacBook Pro (Late 2007, 2.4 (see for detailed info) and it came with max os x 10.4 I believe Now i need to know which 64bit version of bootcamp i should run?

cause I have tried 3.0 and gave problems that it was unsupported

- 3.3 - 3.2 - 3.1 - and all gave problems that th

or do i have to try bootcamp version 2.0 etc?

I am kinda lost, i am even trying to maybe download all the drivers seperate. i hope ppl can help with solution

Ragnarokgoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ok i solved the solution myself and i am happy to share it:

first of all download for my macbook pro version the following

bootcamp 3.0 (32+64Bit)

Yes i understand this link from a torrent might be a strange but apple itself does not offer it for download cause it should be on most install cd that came with the mac. It worked perfect for me and let it also checked by my virusscanner.

1.) Download it
2.) extract the iso
3.) Run the setup.exe

step 3 failed for me and then i turned off user account control (UAC) . had to reboot right after it and then I ran not setup.exe but I ran Bootcamp Mac Drivers 3.0 for Windows\Drivers\Apple\BootCamp64.msi (or for 32bit Windows\Drivers\Apple\BootCamp.msi ofcourse!)
4.) then update it also with bootcamp 3.1, 3.2 and finally 3.3

Here are btw the download links for the updates :D

here are the links for
Boot Camp Drivers 3.1 (64 bit)
Boot Camp Drivers 3.2 (64 bit)
Boot Camp Drivers 3.3 (64 bit)

Boot Camp Drivers 3.1 (32 bit)
Boot Camp Drivers 3.2 (32 bit)
Boot Camp Drivers 3.3 (32 bit)

Bootcamp 4.0 is not supported for this model, so dont bother trying :)

Cheers and damn I ROCK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.