Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Hi all,

I've just updated my phone to 5.1.1 and unfortunately had to do a restore (stupid iTunes for Windows...) all of my app data was recovered without a problem (that I can tell) but unfortunately my camera roll is absolutely blank, save for the one screenshot I accidentally just took whilst trying to hard reset my phone!

Luckily the Dropbox app has meant I haven't lost everything (thank god!) but I'm wondering how I can get those photos back into the camera roll?

Many thanks

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Download them to your computer and sync them to your phone through iTunes.

Just curious, why'd you restore? I'm on Vista and I just did the OTA.

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Thanks, that was tempting but I only had maybe 300 or so photos in my camera roll, as opposed to the 3,000 or so saved in Dropbox - ideally I only want to restore the 300 or so I had in my camera roll (they're my favourite shots dating back from ages ago, also some useful ones I often refer to, I could go through Dropbox and sort through them, but it'd probably take me a good couple of days of sorting)

the update was constantly failing, so I had to do a restore, but in turn meant I lost all of my photos!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.