Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
So, I landed a new job. Great pay, easy work. All's good, except now I'm looking at selecting for the company covered health plans.

So the plan is as follows:

$1500 Deductible
20% Coinsurance
$5000 Payment Limit

It's a PPO based plan. From what I've read, the deductible is the maximum amount that I pay, then it turns into Co-Pay.

However, they also mentioned about having Copay instead of using deductible with In-Network doctors?

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at right now.

What I want, is to choose a doctor, don't exactly have a preference, whatever's in network is fine with me. But during doctor visits, only pay a Co-Pay not the full charge of services provided. Is this something not provided by PPOs?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
What I want, is to choose a doctor, don't exactly have a preference, whatever's in network is fine with me. But during doctor visits, only pay a Co-Pay not the full charge of services provided. Is this something not provided by PPOs?

If a plan is considered a "PPO" it just means that there's a network of doctors/health care providers that have agreed to take part in whatever plans the insurer offers. The plan you describe might fit with what you want; a plan with only a copay and no deductible would probably be more expensive. If there's a clause in there that says the deductible only applies to out-of-network providers you probably just pay the copay; you'd have to give some more details before anyone can tell you for sure if that's what it says.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.