Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jul 1, 2012, 09:52 PM   #1
ayeying
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ayeying
Health Insurance Coverage

So, I landed a new job. Great pay, easy work. All's good, except now I'm looking at selecting for the company covered health plans.

So the plan is as follows:

$1500 Deductible
20% Coinsurance
$5000 Payment Limit

It's a PPO based plan. From what I've read, the deductible is the maximum amount that I pay, then it turns into Co-Pay.

However, they also mentioned about having Copay instead of using deductible with In-Network doctors?

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at right now.

What I want, is to choose a doctor, don't exactly have a preference, whatever's in network is fine with me. But during doctor visits, only pay a Co-Pay not the full charge of services provided. Is this something not provided by PPOs?
ayeying is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:13 AM   #2
miles01110
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeying View Post
What I want, is to choose a doctor, don't exactly have a preference, whatever's in network is fine with me. But during doctor visits, only pay a Co-Pay not the full charge of services provided. Is this something not provided by PPOs?
If a plan is considered a "PPO" it just means that there's a network of doctors/health care providers that have agreed to take part in whatever plans the insurer offers. The plan you describe might fit with what you want; a plan with only a copay and no deductible would probably be more expensive. If there's a clause in there that says the deductible only applies to out-of-network providers you probably just pay the copay; you'd have to give some more details before anyone can tell you for sure if that's what it says.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion