Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 2, 2012, 02:16 PM   #1
benbense
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Upgrading iPhone 3GS to 5.1.1 Preserve Baseband

Hello, I own an iPhone 3GS tethered on ios 4.3.5, now i wish to upgrade to ios 5.1.1.
My iPhone 3GS have 06.15.00 Baseband he is a non-sim-free, when im trying to use the expert mode in Sn0wbreeze, it's asking me if i want to install the iPad Baseband, as so i have already the iPad baseband, what shoult i do, chek "V" or leave it without ticking "V".

Thanks in advance, Ben.
benbense is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
You should use the latest redsnow to downgrade your ipad bb to the unlockable baseband and your gps will function.
Then update to custom 5.1.1 ipsw created with redsnow.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22652
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3
benbense
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You should use the latest redsnow to downgrade your ipad bb to the unlockable baseband and your gps will function.
Then update to custom 5.1.1 ipsw created with redsnow.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22652
But my device is on 4.3.5 and works fine with ultrasn0w what should i do to upgrade it to 5.1.1?
benbense is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbense View Post
But my device is on 4.3.5 and works fine with ultrasn0w what should i do to upgrade it to 5.1.1?
Create a custom 5.1.1 with redsnow.
But again you should downgrade away from the ipad bb, its finally available. Who wouldnt?
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:19 PM   #5
benbense
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Create a custom 5.1.1 with redsnow.
But again you should downgrade away from the ipad bb, its finally available. Who wouldnt?
last time i just done something wrong and i bricked an iphone, :/
benbense is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Lol
Just follow that tutorial.
It will downgrade your ipad bb to an unlockable bb that you can still use ultrasnow.
Then use redsnow to create a custom 5.1.1 to save your bb and put your iphone in pwned dfu and restore it by selecting the custom firmware.
Open cydia, install ultrasnow, have a nice day
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:24 PM   #7
benbense
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Lol
Just follow that tutorial.
It will downgrade your ipad bb to an unlockable bb that you can still use ultrasnow.
Then use redsnow to create a custom 5.1.1 to save your bb and put your iphone in pwned dfu and restore it by selecting the custom firmware.
Open cydia, install ultrasnow, have a nice day
ok, so first i downgrade the ipad baseband, then i create that NO_BB file?
and btw, is my iphone is "fixed"? - serial number: 5K0196FM3NR
benbense is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbense View Post
ok, so first i downgrade the ipad baseband, then i create that NO_BB file?
and btw, is my iphone is "fixed"? - serial number: 5K0196FM3NR
Yours has the new bootrom if redsnow asks you.
And no it's not fixed since you already have the iPad bb installed.
If it was fixed the second you tried installing the iPad bb all your radios would be dead and fried.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:38 PM   #9
benbense
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yours has the new bootrom if redsnow asks you.
And no it's not fixed since you already have the iPad bb installed.
If it was fixed the second you tried installing the iPad bb all your radios would be dead and fried.
Ok, thx a lot mate, just last question cause i didn't really understan you :P
here:

Should i Click Yes or No?
benbense is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:41 PM   #10
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Select yes.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:45 PM   #11
benbense
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Select yes.
Great, so here is what i need to do
1. Downgrade The iPad Baseband
2. Restore+Update to 5.1.1 With iTunes
3. Jailbreak
4. install Ultrasn0w

if i missed something just say me.

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot !!!!!!
You'r a great person mate!
benbense is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbense View Post
Great, so here is what i need to do
1. Downgrade The iPad Baseband
2. Restore+Update to 5.1.1 With iTunes
3. Jailbreak
4. install Ultrasn0w

if i missed something just say me.

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot !!!!!!
You'r a great person mate!
1. yes
2. No.
You dont restore or update to official 5.1.1 with itunes. If you do that you will lose your unlock. You restore to a custom No_bb 5.1.1 firmware that you need to create with redsnow.

3. yes
4. yes

follow this tutorial on how to create a custom ipsw:
Create Custom IPSW For iOS 5.1.1 To Preserve Baseband

You Need:

Download the latest redsnow

Download original IPSW iOS 5.1.1 For iPhone 3GS

Procedure To Preserve Baseband

STEP 1: Download redsnow

STEP 2: Start redsnow and head over to Extras > Custom IPSW.

STEP 3: Select the original IPSW file for your iOS device which you downloaded from the above link.

STEP 4: Redsnow will now create the custom IPSW file, the one that has preserved the baseband meaning you will still be on the previous version (baseband).

STEP 5: Enter into Pwned DFU mood by going to Extras > Pwned DFU. Just follow the on-screen instructions.

STEP 6: Once your iPhone is in Pwned DFU mood, go to iTunes and press Shift+Restore (Windows) or Option+Restore (Mac). You will need to select the correct IPSW file it will have a prefix “NO_BB”.

Then once you're on 5.1.1 with baseband 05.13.04 you JB it with redsnow and install ultrasnow from cydia to unlock.

Let me know how it went.
And you're very welcome bro.
Applejuiced is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:55 AM   #13
sinfulsagar
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
SinfulSagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yours has the new bootrom if redsnow asks you.
And no it's not fixed since you already have the iPad bb installed.
If it was fixed the second you tried installing the iPad bb all your radios would be dead and fried.
Hi,

My iphone is having old bootrom & is manufactured in 2009, 29th Week.
Its iphone 3GS with BB 6.15 & IOS 4.1. even i want to downgrade BB to 5.13.04 & upgrade to IOS 5.1.1.
What is Fixed bootrom? & can i downgrade BB & upgrade to IOS 5.1.1?
In doing this process my radios wont go for toss??

Thanks for help & advise.

Regards
sinfulsagar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:00 PM   #14
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulsagar View Post
Hi,

My iphone is having old bootrom & is manufactured in 2009, 29th Week.
Its iphone 3GS with BB 6.15 & IOS 4.1. even i want to downgrade BB to 5.13.04 & upgrade to IOS 5.1.1.
What is Fixed bootrom? & can i downgrade BB & upgrade to IOS 5.1.1?
In doing this process my radios wont go for toss??

Thanks for help & advise.

Regards
Yes, you can downgrade yours with not probs. use the latest redsnow.[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

Then if u want to go up to 5.1.1 use redsnow to create a custom ipsw in order to save your bb.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:34 PM   #15
sinfulsagar
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yes, you can downgrade yours with not probs. use the latest redsnow.[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

Then if u want to go up to 5.1.1 use redsnow to create a custom ipsw in order to save your bb.
What is fixed bootrom? plz explain me..

Thanks
sinfulsagar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulsagar View Post
What is fixed bootrom? plz explain me..

Thanks
You dont have to worry about that.
Yours is the old one.
Fixed is the bootrom on newer 3GS iphones that just came out in 2012.
With those you cannot install the ipad bb or you will fry the phone.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:28 AM   #17
zainal79
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
How can I upgrade ios 4.1 with baseband 06:15:00 to ios 5.1.1 or higher?

My device is iphone 3gs 16gb from AT & T. I get it from my brother who works in the U.S. and I have upgraded to the ipad baseband 06:15:00 and using ios 4.1, and has been jailbreak, I have done it in order to unlock the SIM card, but some applications require a higher than ios 4.1. How can I upgrade ios 4.1 with baseband 06:15:00 to ios 5.1.1 or higher, but still could use a SIM from Indonesian provider? please help me.
zainal79 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:43 AM   #18
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Downgrade the BB and with your blobs restore to 5.1.1 via the newest redsn0w.

Check iclarified.com for good tutorials
__________________
iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1 TaiG
iPhone 5 iOS 8.1.1 TaiG
iPad 4 3G iOS 7.1.2 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM
TriJetHero is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: How can I update a 3GS with iOS5.1 to 6.1 without upgrading the baseband? Alvi Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 35 Feb 19, 2013 03:19 PM
iPhone: Using Sn0wbreeze to preserve baseband while upgrading 4.3.5 --> 6.1 bcblade Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Feb 7, 2013 10:08 AM
iPhone: Help Upgrading a Jailbroken iphone 3gs preserving baseband ! Vic-E Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 11 Jan 4, 2013 03:17 PM
Unjailbreaking + Preserve baseband SS-I Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 6 Jul 7, 2012 05:04 PM
Resolved: Preserve iPhone Baseband and update to iOS 6 Nicolas4ever Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Jun 27, 2012 05:01 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC