Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its investor relations page to note that it will announce its earnings for the third fiscal quarter (second calendar quarter) of 2012 on Tuesday, July 24. The earnings release typically occurs just after 4:30 PM Eastern Time following the close of regular stock trading, and the conference call is scheduled to follow at 5:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM Pacific.

appleq3fy12.png

MacRumors will provide running coverage of the earnings release and conference call.

The release should provide a look into the status of iPhone 4S sales after more than 8 months of availability -- and, perhaps most importantly, the strength of Apple's sales in China. Apple reported strong results three months ago and provided guidance for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 expecting revenue of $34 billion and earnings per diluted share of $8.68. If it meets that guidance, it will be the third consecutive quarter with total sales of more than $30 billion.

Article Link: Apple to Announce 3Q 2012 Earnings on July 24

BanterClaus

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
UK
So we will most likely get the date for OSX Mountain Lion announced then, like last year.

Meaning it will be within days after the call?

chakdey

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
sure hope numbers will push the stock above $650 this time. Its been stuck under $600 for too long.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
sure hope numbers will push the stock above $650 this time. Its been stuck under $600 for too long.

I think you will see the stock move significantly before that as the analysts all chime in with their predictions. Last quarter it sunk just before earnings announcements that exceeded all but the most optimistic expectations.

I expect this to be Apple's slowest quarter though since the new iPad has not been available in mainland China yet (only through Hong Kong); however, we should see a full quarter of iPhone sales in China which should help. Next quarter we should see the new iPad in China and that should really open up sales there as they sink a bit in the US and Europe in anticipation of "The new iPhone".

The holiday quarter should be amazing for AAPL though as they push an LTE iPhone out to consumers and carriers like Verizon start being more willing to sell iPhone since it will use their LTE network which has more bandwidth for all those customers. No phone will help move Verizon customers off 3G CDMA and on to 4G LTE faster than a new iPhone.

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Every time I see one of these articles I think to myself, why didn't I buy stock with Apple years ago?

:confused:

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
With news that Apple will release its quarterly results on July 24, there goes the front runner in the poll of more than 300 voters for the eagerly anticipated iMac update...July 31 is during the Olympics, so have to say July 17 looks the most likely date now...

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
the 24th? that almost 4 weeks of endless speculation. I said endless not pointless. though...

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
With news that Apple will release its quarterly results on July 24, there goes the front runner in the poll of more than 300 voters for the eagerly anticipated iMac update...July 31 is during the Olympics, so have to say July 17 looks the most likely date now...

What's wrong with July 24th. Earnings call , iMac refresh and ML release.

And I hope Tim doesn't say "we have some great products in our pipeline " unless he defines said pipeline as being more than 2 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.