Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Try a better tweak then swipeselection.

Is called
Swipeshiftcaret

I actually used that before SwipeSelection came out. It worked but not everywhere like SwipeSelection. My only problem with SwipeSelection is that when you're typing fast sometimes the cursor jumps around.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Swipeshiftcaret is my favorite. Ive been using it since the day it hit cydia. I use it more than any other tweak because I'm always typing something lol

Swipe selection feels better and a little more natural (although swiping the text field isn't exactly strange) but it was always glitching on me and the cursor was jumping all over the place. It drove me insane.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Yeah $5 seems a bit steep. Is there a free trial? With autocorrect disabled it aint looking good.

Does anyone know if it works with whatsapp?

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
No and no. Also it disables "auto correct."

Not sure what the dev was thinking by releasing this for $5. Stupid and absurd.

ah that is unfortunate...

quick reply and quick compose is what I, and many people, live on every day! :)

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
OK Heads up ppl! I dropped the five and get the tweak in hope of next release that makes bite compatible BUT..................

Octopus keyboard works with BiteSMS AND ikeywi! just remember to respring after downloading the license to make it work in the QuickReply and QuickCompose...

great tweak! and no lag so far while typing!

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I paid the $4.99 to get the license... It works well with BiteSMS and just like what the other guy mentioned, No lag so far. Its a very good tweak especially when typing longer words. I like the option in the user dictionary to learn words from messages, names and contacts. I wish it was a little bit cheaper.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
It definitely works with BiteSMS quick compose and quick reply. Not sure if it's faster than Swype, but at least it's not all or nothing. I can still type normally with this, whereas with swype if you type normally (not swiping) you will type all kinds of wrong words.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
It definitely works with BiteSMS quick compose and quick reply. Not sure if it's faster than Swype, but at least it's not all or nothing. I can still type normally with this, whereas with swype if you type normally (not swiping) you will type all kinds of wrong words.

I think this is as fast as swyping. When I had my G2X, most of the time 2 out of the 5 words I swype are wrong so I had to go back and remove them which doesn't help with fast typing.

Time will tell but I think this is just as fast as swyping IMHO.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Great little tweak, only issue ive found is the word suggestions on the top row are half obscured when using the screen in landscape mode.

Oh, and the auto correct but that's been mentioned before.

Beef

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Oh, and the auto correct but that's been mentioned before.

Isn't it kind of an auto-correct already? I mean, it suggests words as you type them just like auto-correct does (only difference seems to be that you can't click an "x" if you don't want the suggested word applied).

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Isn't it kind of an auto-correct already? I mean, it suggests words as you type them just like auto-correct does (only difference seems to be that you can't click an "x" if you don't want the suggested word applied).

Sorry, thats what I meant.

I'm not knocking it, I think it's a great tweak.

Beef

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.