Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnmc1951

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
I have inadvertently deleted a Mac Mail email account (Yahoo pop) from my wife’s user account when trying to resolve a login problem due to her account being hacked.

I have redownloaded all the inbox from the Yahoo account, but cannot find out how to download the sent items folder.

I have a Time Machine backup, but can this only be accessed from my own (administrator) account so the other user’s files are locked. I have changed the permissions on the users folders and the backup volume so I can see the individual folders within the Users>library folder.

I have tried restoring the sent items folder and there appear to now be lots of .emix files in there, but they aren’t appearing in the Mail sent items folder.

Another problem is that Time Machine runs unbelievable slowly (takes ages to open or to even scroll one line), perhaps because I’m still using a G5 iMac on its last legs – OSX 10.5.8

Any help gratefully received!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.