Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 02:30 PM   #26
Jaffa Cake
macrumors Core

Best to sell him now and try to get as much as you can I suppose, rather than let him sneak off for nothing next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambookpro View Post
Here are our new 'polyester rags' as JC would like to call them:
Can't say that I'm that keen on the home shirt, I'm afraid – the hoops are too broad and too few. Puma can be very hit and miss, their 'King' template last season was very nice and adapted well across a great many clubs, Reading's home shirt included. But their new template looks a bit bashed together, nothing seems to sit right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillatewildly View Post
La-di-da cambookpro, Waitrose again.
<Mutter mutter bloody Cash Converters>
Old Jul 4, 2012, 02:42 PM   #27
Lord Blackadder
macrumors G4

RVP has said does not intend to renew his contract when it runs out next summer. Arsenal will be forced to sell him now or see him go on a free.

A bit of a shabby move on RVP's part. Arsenal still have time to sign a replacement but they will have to scramble now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffa Cake View Post
Standard Chartered is boring if lucrative, but Barbasol? Now that's a macho sponsor!

Last edited by Lord Blackadder; Jul 4, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
Lord Blackadder is offline   0
Old Jul 4, 2012, 02:43 PM   #28
Jaffa Cake
macrumors Core

It's America's hardest working shaving foam, that's for sure!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 02:55 PM   #29
Lord Blackadder
macrumors G4

Quote:
It's America's hardest working shaving foam, that's for sure!
Especially if midfielder Eddie Gaven comes calling...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gaven3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	346559  
Old Jul 4, 2012, 03:16 PM   #30
takao
macrumors 68040

Send a message via ICQ to takao
Quote:
takao - how long does Robben have?
very likely as long as they can keep him healthy to play those 20 games per season .. his overall statistics for them: 62 games and 42 goals + high number of assists

Quote:
Originally Posted by olup View Post
FC Hollywood is back !
indeed ... i'm predicting "Mandzukic annoyed for sitting on the bench","Hoeneß mad with Sammer" headlines within 6 months

... van Persie leaving arsenal sure is a downer, looks like the squad really has been falling apart the last 3 years, i was looking forward to a Podolski-van Persie strike partnership
Old Jul 4, 2012, 03:50 PM   #31
oscillatewildly
macrumors 68000

Quote:

The Glazers will be down there soon.

takao - Robben - was wondering about his attitude, but I guess with those figures he'd have to do something really stupid.

RVP - if happy with his fitness and mind, I'd keep him for the season - unless a very high bid came in, but any doubt, sell.

Cheers,
OW
Old Jul 4, 2012, 04:30 PM   #32
olup
macrumors regular

Quote:
The Glazers will be down there soon.

takao - Robben - was wondering about his attitude, but I guess with those figures he'd have to do something really stupid.

RVP - if happy with his fitness and mind, I'd keep him for the season - unless a very high bid came in, but any doubt, sell.

Cheers,
OW
Robben is with Bayern till 2015, not on friendly terms with Ribery and is said to keep to himself a lot. With Sammer at the wheel, you never know what will happen, kind of unlikely though that he will transfer anywhere this summer.

takao- Mandzukic will play whatever amount of games Robben/Ribery are injured
olup is offline   0
Old Jul 4, 2012, 04:54 PM   #33
2020mike
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Blackadder View Post
RVP has said does not intend to renew his contract when it runs out next summer. Arsenal will be forced to sell him now or see him go on a free.

A bit of a shabby move on RVP's part. Arsenal still have time to sign a replacement but they will have to scramble now.

Standard Chartered is boring if lucrative, but Barbasol? Now that's a macho sponsor!

They're just trying to corner the Latin King market.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 06:46 PM   #34
Lord Blackadder
macrumors G4

Quote:
He's probably not in a good frame of mind right now, given what happened at the Euros. I think Arsenal ought to sell ASAP and hope they can pick up a useful striker before August. The likelihood of finding a direct replacement is remote though.

Arsenal fans will have to hope that Podolski and Giroud come good quickly.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:48 AM   #35
cambookpro
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Best to sell him now and try to get as much as you can I suppose, rather than let him sneak off for nothing next summer.

Can't say that I'm that keen on the home shirt, I'm afraid – the hoops are too broad and too few. Puma can be very hit and miss, their 'King' template last season was very nice and adapted well across a great many clubs, Reading's home shirt included. But their new template looks a bit bashed together, nothing seems to sit right.

I have to agree. Hoops seems to have been getting fat over the summer break! At least they go all the way around though, unlike the past couple of years' horizontal stripes!

Oh well, our deal with the company who supplies our kits who get them from Puma expires next season I think. Adidas please!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 02:19 AM   #36
Fizzoid
macrumors 68000

Quote:

Cheers,
OW
Indeed, if he's in the right frame of mind his goals should get Arsenal into a CL spot, which in revenue alone, would pay for a new striker
Fizzoid is offline   0
Old Jul 5, 2012, 02:19 AM   #37
Jaffa Cake
macrumors Core

Be careful what you wish for, cambookpro. I've been a bit disappointed with Adidas' offerings for us over the past two years, the away shirts have been fine but the home versions have been poor.

Umbro did some very nice shirts for us, still template designs but with just enough little tweaks to make them feel a little more individual. It's just a shame our deal with them ended the season before they started rolling the nice 'Tailored' stuff out across their club sides.
Jaffa Cake is offline   1
Old Jul 5, 2012, 02:39 AM   #38
Happybunny
macrumors 65816

In the papers here in the Netherlands, RvP said that he wants to leave Arsenal because he believes that they are not serious about winning any silverware.
He wants to win something big in his career, and he does not think that Arsenal are the team to do that any more.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 07:51 AM   #39
pachyderm
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by takao View Post
very likely as long as they can keep him healthy to play those 20 games per season .. his overall statistics for them: 62 games and 42 goals + high number of assists

indeed ... i'm predicting "Mandzukic annoyed for sitting on the bench","Hoeneß mad with Sammer" headlines within 6 months

... van Persie leaving arsenal sure is a downer, looks like the squad really has been falling apart the last 3 years, i was looking forward to a Podolski-van Persie strike partnership

i hate the gooners but that would have been interesting to see..
Old Jul 5, 2012, 08:02 AM   #40
Fizzoid
macrumors 68000

But where next for RvP?

Man City - Well, they can certainly afford him, but with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez (possibly) and Ballotelli there already, he may not be the lead striker if he heads off up the M6...

Man U - Just can't see it. Would they pay? He's what, 29 and injury prone. Wellbeck looks like he might have a bright future and Hernandez seems to find the net often enough. Rooney & RvP could make a good partnership though and Man U did only loose out on goal difference last season...

Barca - With Messi and Villa (coming back from injury) do they really need him? Great sub for them, if he's happy warming the bench for 60 minutes.

Real - Maybe, but they didn't seem short of goals last season.

If he wants to win a title, surely Celtic is the place to go?
Fizzoid is offline   0
Old Jul 5, 2012, 09:08 AM   #41
daneoni
macrumors G4

At least one of the board members is thinking the right way. Shame he doesn't own the majority stake.

I'd rather see him take control, and have David Dein back at the club. Stan Kronke and Gazidis are clueless and useless.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:16 AM   #42
swiftaw
macrumors 603

New Liverpool 3rd Kit

Thumb resize.
swiftaw is offline   0
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:24 PM   #43
Lord Blackadder
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzoid View Post
Indeed, if he's in the right frame of mind his goals should get Arsenal into a CL spot, which in revenue alone, would pay for a new striker
That's chancy though. Look what happened to Spurs...you can't even count on fourth place to get you in these days.

Quote:

Many Rangers fans online seem to be voting for the 3rd Division out of spite, in the hopes that it will suck other SPL clubs into administration and destroy Scottish football in some sort of revenge move. Talk about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneoni View Post
At least one of the board members is thinking the right way. Shame he doesn't own the majority stake.
I would not be terribly eager to leap into Usmanov's arms. There is no guarantee that he'd be willing to bleed money like Abramovich and Mansour. Maybe he would, but that's risky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftaw View Post
New Liverpool kit
I don't like it. It looks like a youth rec-league uniform to me for some reason.

Last edited by Lord Blackadder; Jul 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Lord Blackadder is offline   0
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:25 PM   #44
pachyderm
macrumors 68030

Quote:
But where next for RvP?

Man City - Well, they can certainly afford him, but with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez (possibly) and Ballotelli there already, he may not be the lead striker if he heads off up the M6...

Man U - Just can't see it. Would they pay? He's what, 29 and injury prone. Wellbeck looks like he might have a bright future and Hernandez seems to find the net often enough. Rooney & RvP could make a good partnership though and Man U did only loose out on goal difference last season...

Barca - With Messi and Villa (coming back from injury) do they really need him? Great sub for them, if he's happy warming the bench for 60 minutes.

wow. SPL? he'd have to play barefoot to make it fair.

i'd love to see it though.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:41 PM   #45
takao
macrumors 68040

Send a message via ICQ to takao
Quote:
But where next for RvP?

don't count out the italian teams ... juventus, milan etc. very likely could need a striker of his calibre
PSG might also be a fit with their deep pockets

in other news the german association of football players(members from league 1 to 4) voted for the 'team' of the season:

Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Gladbach)
Philipp Lahm (Bayern)
Mats Hummels (Dortmund)
Dante (Gladbach)
Lukasz Piszczek (Dortmund)
David Alaba (Bayern)
Franck Ribery (Bayern)
Shinji Kagawa (Dortmund)
Marco Reus (Gladbach)
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke)
Mario Gomez (Bayern)
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:43 PM   #46
Lord Blackadder
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
wow. SPL? he'd have to play barefoot to make it fair.
I can just see the headline now: Celtic Win Title by 50 Points over Hearts; RVP scores his 100th Goal of the Season..
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:52 PM   #47
Jaffa Cake
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Blackadder View Post
I can just see the headline now: Celtic Win Title by 50 Points over Hearts; RVP scores his 100th Goal of the Season..
Boxing Day edition?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:58 PM   #48
twietee
macrumors 68030

Quote:
But where next for RvP?

I can see him joining either Barca or Real. Real being a bit more realistic, as Higuain could change squad, too.
twietee is offline   0
Old Jul 5, 2012, 01:06 PM   #49
WoodNUFC
macrumors 6502

Funny that Hawk Eye is approved after a 'no goal' decision goes in favor of England.

Glad it's finally coming though.
WoodNUFC is offline   0
Old Jul 5, 2012, 01:17 PM   #50
Lord Blackadder
macrumors G4

Quote:
Boxing Day edition?
Cheeky.

Maybe Celtic should bring in Tevez - Celtic could win the league by December, and thus Tevez's inevitable January temper-tantrum and self-exile in Argentina would have no effect on the team's league campaign.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion