Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
Almost every lunchtime I go for a walk, so I thought that I would post some pictures of what I see on my walk every day. (My office is in the black building)

If you go for a walk at lunchtime what do you see?

Attachments

• IMAGE_049.jpg
    IMAGE_049.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAGE_076.jpg
    IMAGE_076.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAGE_080.jpg
    IMAGE_080.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAGE_087.jpg
    IMAGE_087.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAGE_088.jpg
    IMAGE_088.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 120

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
:eek:
I want to walk by a castle!!!

Umm.. at lunch.. I usually walk to the kitchen. I pass the couch. Sometimes, I take the scenic route and pass the windows computer and my AirPort base station and printer.

Then, I make tofu in the kitchen.
YUM!

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
gwuMACaddict said:
i'm not allowed to have cameras here :(
Well I don't take my camera with me to work, I just used my mobile phone (you can probably tell by the bad quality pictures).

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Well, not currently working... but at my last place, I got to see part of highway 101. Yay!:rolleyes: Um, what else, huge fields of dying weeds (yes, California is so hot and dry, even the weeds have problems staying alive)... and this is a plus, the occasional jack rabbit! <-- So cute!! Here is a picture of part of the building:
home_corporate.jpg

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that those pictures are good quality for a camera phone. That is a very beautiful place to take a relaxing lunchtime walk. You are very fortunate witness. ;) I was never actually able to take a lunchtime walk, usually thirty minutes to eat.

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
wdlove said:
I think that those pictures are good quality for a camera phone. That is a very beautiful place to take a relaxing lunchtime walk. You are very fortunate witness. ;) I was never actually able to take a lunchtime walk, usually thirty minutes to eat.
Thanks, I'm pretty fortunate I guess; I have a 35 hour working week with 1 hour for lunch every day and most people in the office eat their lunch whilst working so I have a full hour free every lunch time.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
witness said:
Well I don't take my camera with me to work, I just used my mobile phone (you can probably tell by the bad quality pictures).

nope, those aren't allowed either... :eek:

i can *see* the capitol building from here though...

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
Applespider said:
My PC at work can't see my BT phone so here's a website with far better pictures of my lunchtime walks

The only problem with walking along Kings Road, Chelsea is avoiding all the shops... and fending off the super-model scouts :p
I guess that it can be handy being near to the shops. I have to drive 4 or 5 miles to get to the nearest shop, which can sometimes be a pain, though I guess I do save money because there's nowhere to spend it :)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
applespider said:
Sigh. I wish I could be in London right now... London is rapidly becoming one of my favoritest cities... hehe, not that I've been to that many or anything.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
krimson said:
i see jets landing and taking off.

I used to see that when i worked for NCR in El Segundo.. i swear that used to waste so much of my time just watching planes take off and land... that and the thai place across from the chevron/mcdonalds, thai food then golf.... now i know why i dont work there anymore :p

Ed

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Today...Continued very hot. Mostly sunny. An isolated thunderstorm possible late. Highs around 100. Light and variable winds...Becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph this afternoon. Heat index values up to 110 this afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent.

burntplanet.jpg

It's so hot!

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Here was my walk today.. I had Mexican food, i got a few odd stares when i was taking this pic. Focus is a bit off on one side i don tthink my camera had adjusted to the light yet or something. hehe hope you all had a good lunch!

Ed

Attachments

• downtown.jpeg
    downtown.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 113

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
Okay, so I forgot to take a picture during lunch. But here's a photo out the front of my office building.

10 points to whomever can identify the tower. ;)

Attachments

• mrjwork.jpg
    mrjwork.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 173

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Ok, I don't go for lunchtime walks, but I often walk the ~5 miles to and from the town center, and I, too, walk by a castle on my way home... ;)

All the pictures are from this January.

Attachments

• IM000937.jpg
    IM000937.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IM000932.jpg
    IM000932.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 88
  • IM000930.jpg
    IM000930.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IM000927.jpg
    IM000927.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IM000924.jpg
    IM000924.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 100

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
You people living in Europe make me so jealous. I would trade places with any of you in an instant!
I don't go out walking at lunchtime for fear of instant sunburn. Southern Arizona is not known for friendly weather between March and November. In fact, since temperatures have been 112 or above the last few weeks I can barely stand to walk from the office to the car. And besides, there's not anything here worth taking pictures of. Arizona has got to be the worst place to live. I don't know what I am doing here...

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Stampyhead said:
You people living in Europe make me so jealous. I would trade places with any of you in an instant!
I don't go out walking at lunchtime for fear of instant sunburn. Southern Arizona is not known for friendly weather between March and November. In fact, since temperatures have been 112 or above the last few weeks I can barely stand to walk from the office to the car. And besides, there's not anything here worth taking pictures of. Arizona has got to be the worst place to live. I don't know what I am doing here...

I read this and felt really bad for you.

If there is nothing to look at and be proud of, leave. Honestly, I couldn't stand living without my fields and fields of green green grass (and sheep :D). And walking past the farmer, and the stables, and having a horse eat my hat... and getting chased by bulls! It's so fun living in the country, but still only 10 minutes from the capital city.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.