Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
California
Hey guys,

I recently started using CarTunes as a music player (awesome gesture-based music player), but unfortunately it won't work when it's plugged into a device via USB.

I use the NoAccSplash tweak to prevent the "Accessory Connected" screen from inhibiting the default music player when plugged in. However, CarTunes still says "No Songs Available".

I really like using CarTunes because the entire interface is really clean and easy to use when driving (or even on a treadmill when it's cumbersome to use the default music player). Is there a way to allow the use of an alternative music player when plugged in?

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I'm not sure of a solution to your problem but i use music control plus which has swipe controls and works really well so that might be another solution i you can't find a fix to your issues

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
California
I'm not sure of a solution to your problem but i use music control plus which has swipe controls and works really well so that might be another solution i you can't find a fix to your issues

I tried that for awhile, but it was glitchy for me. I really like the look of CarTunes and I felt like I could do a lot more with it via gestures. Thanks for the input, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.