[iPhone] IMEI Unlock Sites - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:17 PM   #26
Pirate515
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonDonovan View Post
Anyway, people have had their iPhone 4's unlocked without providing that info over the phone by friendly agents from AT&T. It depends on who you talk to. I wish I had some raw data, but I only know what I've read here.
Second that.

I have said that in an earlier post and will say that again. I bought iPhone 4 on the launch day, then bought unlocked 4S last fall and sold 4 on eBay. When AT&T announced that they will be unlocking iPhones this past April, the person who bought my old iPhone 4 contacted me asking if I could try to get it unlocked for him. I used chat on AT&T website and the first 2 reps whom I talked to refused, saying my iPhone 4 was still under contract. The third one processed the unlock, no questions asked.
Pirate515 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:12 PM   #27
Frenchjay
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles01110 View Post
There are no legitimate IMEI unlocking services at this time.
I beg to differ. If someone actually works at a carrier company like AT&T they can access your account and send the request to Apple which I've seen done with my own eyes in 24 hours.

----------

Quote:
I've added this service from eBay, which is arguably the most painless.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Permanent-Fa...item2320fb3a83
5/5, done in 24 hours, used twice so far.

You can either install SAM from repo.bingner.com in Cydia and then click Deactivate iPhone, or just do a full restore in iTunes before you place your new SIM card inside. You usually have to restart the iPhone again if you use SAM and get No Service.
People are saying how is this possible, how can people do this? Well, if you work at a carrier company in customer services you have access to anyone's account and also certain people can authorise the unlock to be sent to Apple. The unlock is done from Apple's side so it's impossible for the carrier to physically do it. The only was is to either work at Apple or the carrier.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:20 PM   #28
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:

You can either install SAM from repo.bingner.com in Cydia and then click Deactivate iPhone, or just do a full restore in iTunes before you place your new SIM card inside. You usually have to restart the iPhone again if you use SAM and get No Service.
For $20 I decided to give him the try I just paid and ordered from him and submitted my IMEI I report back with the end results and how long it takes.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:10 PM   #29
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to swordfish5736
Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
For $20 I decided to give him the try I just paid and ordered from him and submitted my IMEI I report back with the end results and how long it takes.
Ditto. They claim they'll refund if the unlock doesn't work
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:04 AM   #30
Adrian4408
macrumors newbie

Quote:

I didn't think SAM worked anymore? The eBay link just took me to an item sold by the unlock club. Are they any good?
Adrian4408 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:38 AM   #31
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4408 View Post
I didn't think SAM worked anymore? The eBay link just took me to an item sold by the unlock club. Are they any good?
I got the email saying mine was completed a little while ago. So I need to restore and find a different sim
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:59 AM   #32
Adrian4408
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIIM44 View Post
I got the email saying mine was completed a little while ago. So I need to restore and find a different sim
Does this only work for AT&T?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:06 AM   #33
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Does this only work for AT&T?
I'm unsure. If you have a sprint or verizon 4S i think the only way to get it unlocked is via your carrier.

restored my phone and got the unlock message
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 9.04.23 AM.png
Views:	405
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	353225  
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:14 AM   #34
Adrian4408
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I'm unsure. If you have a sprint or verizon 4S i think the only way to get it unlocked is via your carrier.

restored my phone and got the unlock message
Glad to see it worked. Do you just pay & wait? I'm in the UK but my phone is locked to Vodafone Spain. Any idea if this will work? I've emailed them but no reply.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:31 AM   #35
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Glad to see it worked. Do you just pay & wait? I'm in the UK but my phone is locked to Vodafone Spain. Any idea if this will work? I've emailed them but no reply.
they sent an email about half hour after i paid asking for my IMEI.

the listing says ATT but they also say towards the middle of the page to include your country and carrier which makes me think they might do vodafone. Did you send them a message thru ebay?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:49 AM   #36
Adrian4408
macrumors newbie

Quote:
they sent an email about half hour after i paid asking for my IMEI.

the listing says ATT but they also say towards the middle of the page to include your country and carrier which makes me think they might do vodafone. Did you send them a message thru ebay?

Yeah just sent one through eBay & a direct email (using the address on their website) a few hours ago

----------

Quote:
Yeah just sent one through eBay & a direct email (using the address on their website) a few hours ago
They've just got back to me, it's only for US AT&T users
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:32 AM   #37
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:

LandonDonovan thank you for $20 I sure can't complain took about 5 hours for my email to come in so I'm now factory unlocked. I tried using Sam but now my computer isn't recognizing my phone. Trying to figure it out worse case DFU restore. Still I can't complain since my phone is now unlocked.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:41 AM   #38
ericrwalker
Banned

I've been looking at icanunlock.com, it seems they are now doing it for $25. Has anyone tried them?

I don't plan on leaving AT&T anytime soon, but I may be taking this phone to Japan in the future.

Had it been confirmed that AT&T cannot re-lock your phone if it's been unlocked through a 3rd party?
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:42 AM   #39
apollo1444
macrumors 65816

Quote:

that only works fot AT&T?
apollo1444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:45 AM   #40
Adrian4408
macrumors newbie

Quote:
LandonDonovan thank you for $20 I sure can't complain took about 5 hours for my email to come in so I'm now factory unlocked. I tried using Sam but now my computer isn't recognizing my phone. Trying to figure it out worse case DFU restore. Still I can't complain since my phone is now unlocked.
So is SAM working again? I used on my last phone when SAM first surfaced but then that phone was stolen & when I got another iPhone the SAM loophole has been closed. Is there now a way to unlock using SAM?

The eBay listing is no good to me because I'm locked to Vodafone Spain & this is only for US users on AT&T
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:31 AM   #41
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
So is SAM working again? I used on my last phone when SAM first surfaced but then that phone was stolen & when I got another iPhone the SAM loophole has been closed. Is there now a way to unlock using SAM?

The eBay listing is no good to me because I'm locked to Vodafone Spain & this is only for US users on AT&T
your not understanding yes sam loophole is closed it has been unless you used the save features. my phone is now factory unlocked as I mentioned above. I was using sam to avoid using itunes and have to rejailbreak again. not 100% if the issue was caused by sam. I have pkgbackup any way so no big deal.

it looks like I have some out of date apple drivers so I will update those before doing anything.

Last edited by labman; Aug 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
labman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:34 AM   #42
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1444 View Post
that only works fot AT&T?
yes adrian4408 sent them a message and they said att only
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:45 AM   #43
apollo1444
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron-E View Post
I want to recommend
He unlocked my iPhone 4S in <24 hours for $50.
Excellent service, good communication. HE IS LEGIT.
does he unlock for non att?

anyone know if these guys officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/ are reliable? nevermind they don't offer unlock for MX carriers...**** that

Last edited by apollo1444; Aug 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
apollo1444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:29 AM   #44
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndrey View Post
There are many blog who are promoting legit imei unlock. They don't recommend to use cheap unlock services like $19 or less which are claimed to be scammers websites.
What's your opinion?
Keep in mind in reality the only legit unlock is a unlock done through your carrier. Anything else is what we call grey area. That said nobody has ever heard of a single case of IMEI unlock being removed once it.s in place. My phone is verified IMEI unlocked for $20. Of course if I'm trying to charge more I'm going to talk bad about cheaper services.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:20 AM   #45
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
So please advise me what source to use in order to unlock my iPhone 4 AT&T
this is the one I used cost me $20 and was done in about 4 hours I know two others that got there factory unlock in less the a hour. so at least a half dozen known unlocks with no issues. I sure there are tons more. FYI he only does AT&T unlocks.

Quote:

Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:17 AM   #46
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Quote:
So please advise me what source to use in order to unlock my iPhone 4 AT&T
Quote:
this is the one I used cost me $20 and was done in about 4 hours I know two others that got there factory unlock in less the a hour. so at least a half dozen known unlocks with no issues. I sure there are tons more. FYI he only does AT&T unlocks.
yea did mine thru that ebay seller as well… was done within 5-6 hours
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:24 PM   #47
ericrwalker
Banned

I just unlocked my 4S using http://icanunlock.com they have 3 speeds of service (I paid for the slow $25, total was $25.88).

It took about 22 hours to complete, but I can't complain. They were charging about $150 a few months ago.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:20 AM   #48
vexatia
macrumors regular

Quote:
I just ordered this. Will update with results.
vexatia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:19 AM   #49
vexatia
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexatia View Post
I just ordered this. Will update with results.
4 hrs, no notification of unlock.
vexatia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:40 AM   #50
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexatia View Post
4 hrs, no notification of unlock.
the add said 1 to 24 hours relax.. people have paid $150 or so and waited days..

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks