Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:49 AM   #51
ipodlover77
macrumors 6502a

when you get a warranty replacement, do you get swapped with a factory unlocked model or does one have to go through the whole process again?
ipodlover77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:45 PM   #52
vexatia
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexatia View Post
I just ordered this. Will update with results.
Received an email, about 6 hours after buying the unlock that states the following:

"Hello!

The Unlock Code for your mobile phone has been successfully calculated

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CODE: UNLOCKED

For instructions on how to enter the unlock code provided, please follow the link provided to our FAQ section
http://client.theunlockclub.com/unlockinstruction/view

We hope that for all your future unlocking needs you will visit our site http://www.TheUnlockClub.com

Thank you once again for your order!

Regards,
-TheUnlockClub"

Tried synching with iTunes, no 'congrats you're unlocked' notice. Restoring now.
vexatia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:45 PM   #53
miki66
macrumors 6502

Do you email them first before ordering as they requested? What's their email address and can I just message them via ebay message system?

Quote:
Received an email, about 6 hours after buying the unlock that states the following:

"Hello!

The Unlock Code for your mobile phone has been successfully calculated

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CODE: UNLOCKED

For instructions on how to enter the unlock code provided, please follow the link provided to our FAQ section
http://client.theunlockclub.com/unlockinstruction/view

We hope that for all your future unlocking needs you will visit our site http://www.TheUnlockClub.com

Thank you once again for your order!

Regards,
-TheUnlockClub"

Tried synching with iTunes, no 'congrats you're unlocked' notice. Restoring now.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:59 AM   #54
zfxp
macrumors newbie

http://classicwireless.net/pages/iph...ory-unlock.php
They do excellent work, figured I'd input.

I've had 4 iPhones done all within 24 hours.
zfxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:43 AM   #55
vexatia
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki66 View Post
Do you email them first before ordering as they requested? What's their email address and can I just message them via ebay message system?
To clarify-

I still don't receive a message indicating that my phone is unlocked when I synch or restore with iTunes...SO NO EVIDENCE THAT MY PHONE IS UNLOCKED YET.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:43 AM   #56
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
To clarify-

I still don't receive a message indicating that my phone is unlocked when I synch or restore with iTunes...SO NO EVIDENCE THAT MY PHONE IS UNLOCKED YET.
go to http://iphoneox.com/ you can verify there by adding your IMEI you can also get a t-mobile sim and pop it in it does not have to be a active sim. I ordered on of ebay for $2 popping in a tmobile sim is a better way to see if your unlocked then even the itunes msg.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:04 AM   #57
vexatia
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
go to http://iphoneox.com/ you can verify there by adding your IMEI you can also get a t-mobile sim and pop it in it does not have to be a active sim. I ordered on of ebay for $2 popping in a tmobile sim is a better way to see if your unlocked then even the itunes msg.
Just ordered a t-mobile sim through amazon. Will let you know how it goes. The iphoneox.com website returned a status of 'unlocked', but without knowing the basis for that site's authority, I remain unconvinced. I'll update once I test the unlock using the tmobile sim or if, for some reason, I receive an 'unlocked' notification through iTunes.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:23 AM   #58
gd6
macrumors member

Quote:
To clarify-

It won't tell you its unlocked if you use an ATT sim. It will look just like an ATT phone and itunes wont mention it being unlocked until you try out another sim. I keep a non-active t-mobile sim around just so I can tell if its unlocked.
gd6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:28 AM   #59
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to swordfish5736
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd6 View Post
It won't tell you its unlocked if you use an ATT sim. It will look just like an ATT phone and itunes wont mention it being unlocked until you try out another sim. I keep a non-active t-mobile sim around just so I can tell if its unlocked.
I got the device is unlocked message when I restored in iTunes with my AT&T sim in
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:27 AM   #60
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Just ordered a t-mobile sim through amazon. Will let you know how it goes. The iphoneox.com website returned a status of 'unlocked', but without knowing the basis for that site's authority, I remain unconvinced. I'll update once I test the unlock using the tmobile sim or if, for some reason, I receive an 'unlocked' notification through iTunes.
at least 8 people have had success so I have a feeling your fine. did you try contacting the about your concerns? I'll bet you can ask at a tmobile store and barrow a sim for two minutes too.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:28 AM   #61
Dustman
macrumors 65816

I thought Apple cracked down on these rendering them useless?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:54 AM   #62
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustman View Post
I thought Apple cracked down on these rendering them useless?
nope. Sam was rendered useless a while back.They did slow it down briefly but now it's back stronger then ever. People are out there low balling each other rather then being greedy I'm glad I held out and waited.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:46 PM   #63
Dustman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
nope. Sam was rendered useless a while back.They did slow it down briefly but now it's back stronger then ever. People are out there low balling each other rather then being greedy I'm glad I held out and waited.
Is there any guarantee these things will stay unlocked?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:09 PM   #64
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustman View Post
Is there any guarantee these things will stay unlocked?
I won't go that far but it will be difficult to close not a single case of a IMEI unlock any where being undone. that said the only real guarantees are life, death and taxes. For $20 I'll take my chances.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:07 PM   #65
dadude77
macrumors newbie

so which one has been used the most with the most success?
dadude77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:15 PM   #66
Dustman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I won't go that far but it will be difficult to close not a single case of a IMEI unlock any where being undone. that said the only real guarantees are life, death and taxes. For $20 I'll take my chances.
Suppose there isnt much at stake for 20 bucks.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:41 PM   #67
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadude77 View Post
so which one has been used the most with the most success?
might be a good idea to look though the thread. yes Ndrey for $20 I'm happy and figured I had little to loose..
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:37 PM   #68
dadude77
macrumors newbie

ATT 4s i bought off ebay just got here today. I requested through ATT an unlock they sent in a request to apple so i'll hear back in 4-5 days.. but im thinking this wont work as its so soon/probably still in contract, since its a 4s i guess its impossible its not under contract
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:57 PM   #69
dadude77
macrumors newbie

answered in about 10 minutes, restored like they said and got the congratulations your iphone is unlocked. Much easier than paying on ebay... is that all these people do to unlock them? and then charge $20-$50?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:28 PM   #70
gpsouza
macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if there is someone that can unlock an iPhone 4S locked to TMN Portugal?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:20 PM   #71
Abdu
macrumors member

Quote:
answered in about 10 minutes, restored like they said and got the congratulations your iphone is unlocked. Much easier than paying on ebay... is that all these people do to unlock them? and then charge $20-$50?
I also requested and they said 5-7 days
Abdu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:04 PM   #72
dadude77
macrumors newbie

thats what they'd said to me as well.. however i got an email almost instantly
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:37 AM   #73
Abdu
macrumors member

Quote:
thats what they'd said to me as well.. however i got an email almost instantly
Lucky the thing is that I tried it via calling and I gave him my imei but he said he got an error and said it doesnt say why he got it!
Abdu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:50 PM   #74
vexatia
macrumors regular

Quote:
Success!!! I just dropped in a tmobile sim and I'm on their network

Happy Days! So, for me, the service took 4 hours (it just took me several days to receive another carrier's sim to confirm the unlock). Yay!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:20 PM   #75
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Success!!! I just dropped in a tmobile sim and I'm on their network

Happy Days! So, for me, the service took 4 hours (it just took me several days to receive another carrier's sim to confirm the unlock). Yay!
I think one deserves a I told you so! Congrats I'm glad you are finally happy!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks