Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:13 PM   #101
gd6
macrumors member

There are some sellers that factory unlock clean esn verizon and sprint 4s's on ebay now...maybe they'll drop drastically in price sometime this year just like the ATT IMEI unlocks did (right now cheapest is $90 for unlocking a verizon...still way too steep for me).
gd6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:53 PM   #102
WillGonz
macrumors member

Don't pay to have this done. Here is how you can do it for free.

http://www.att.com/deviceunlock

Fill out the form and viola.
WillGonz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:11 PM   #103
rak007
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillGonz View Post
Don't pay to have this done. Here is how you can do it for free.

http://www.att.com/deviceunlock

Fill out the form and viola.
I guess this will not work for cases like me. I am not AT&T customer and never was and suppose i buy iPhone 4/4S from ebay or craigslist.
rak007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:31 PM   #104
LandonDonovan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd6 View Post
There are some sellers that factory unlock clean esn verizon and sprint 4s's on ebay now...maybe they'll drop drastically in price sometime this year just like the ATT IMEI unlocks did (right now cheapest is $90 for unlocking a verizon...still way too steep for me).
It was just $70 for Verizon and $90 for Sprint yesterday, but now it's $90 and $105. When you're the lowest option on eBay for something in such a high demand, you're gonna get a lot of orders. This is obviously a different process than the AT&T ones as those guys can do hundreds per day.
LandonDonovan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:01 AM   #105
devenb
macrumors newbie

TheUnlockClub

Tried to follow the ebay link to the unlock club, but it says the product was sold out. Anyone know if that is actually the case? Their website seems to be for bulk orders only, and anyways I can't seem to complete the registration process. Any help would be appreciated
devenb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:21 AM   #106
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenb View Post
Tried to follow the ebay link to the unlock club, but it says the product was sold out. Anyone know if that is actually the case? Their website seems to be for bulk orders only, and anyways I can't seem to complete the registration process. Any help would be appreciated
The unlock club doesn't sell anymore according to what I've heard. Use 'unlock fusion' now. That's what the mods at ModMyi referred me to. It's only $9.75. Can't wait since I should be ordering mine today. Only bad thing is that they don't unlock on weekends. :/
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:29 PM   #107
bryanus
macrumors member

unlock fusion worked for me today

Bought it yesterday evening after reading this thread, and got the code about 12 hours later. Worked perfectly on my iPhone 4 (ATT). Only $13.45!

And to clairfy the process for anyone, this is how I did it:

1. Connect iphone to itunes and perform a backup (right-click on iPhone name in left panel, then choose backup)
2. In my case, I removed my previously installed Gevey SIM, then rebooted the phone and connected to iTunes.
3. Perform a "Restore" by clicking the Restore button on the main iTunes screen. This updated me from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 5.1.1, and took a litttle while to complete. I was a little worried here as I knew it would update my Gevey unlockable baseband.
4. After the restore was finally finished, itunes said "Congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked." Yay!
5. I then did a restore from backup to put my contacts and everything back onto the phone. Working great on T-mobile.

Last edited by bryanus; Sep 16, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
bryanus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:51 PM   #108
LandonDonovan
macrumors regular

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230851429234

Best service I've used so far. They usually do the unlocks in 15 minutes.
LandonDonovan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:16 PM   #109
rak007
macrumors 6502a

Any reason why unlock club stopped doing it ?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:56 AM   #110
devenb
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydodo3 View Post
The unlock club doesn't sell anymore according to what I've heard. Use 'unlock fusion' now. That's what the mods at ModMyi referred me to. It's only $9.75. Can't wait since I should be ordering mine today. Only bad thing is that they don't unlock on weekends. :/
Ended up buying the "unlock fusion" one on saturday. Will update if I receive the working code after the weekend.
devenb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:08 PM   #111
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:
Ended up buying the "unlock fusion" one on saturday. Will update if I receive the working code after the weekend.
I also did the same last night. Will be my first request from unlock fusion and my first bought unlock overall. Hopefully it works for me. Only reason why I'm sorta unsure about whether or not they'll be able to unlock my phone is because it was a replacement phone from Apple.
monkeydodo3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:29 AM   #112
DigitalDawn
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydodo3 View Post
I also did the same last night. Will be my first request from unlock fusion and my first bought unlock overall. Hopefully it works for me. Only reason why I'm sorta unsure about whether or not they'll be able to unlock my phone is because it was a replacement phone from Apple.
That shouldn't be a problem. Mine was a replacement 4S, and it worked just fine.
DigitalDawn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:39 PM   #113
rak007
macrumors 6502a

I requested an unlock code through unlock fusion for my newly bought AT&T locked iPhone 3GS.
I request the code on sunday night US time so i am guessing that will be processed today and hoping to receive the unlock instructions by tonight.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:03 PM   #114
rak007
macrumors 6502a

Just got an email saying phone is unlocked. Unfortunately i do not have a SIM or cable to do the restore or anything
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:25 PM   #115
spencers
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Did it this morning. Will also report back
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:24 PM   #116
kevintech
macrumors 6502

is there a way to unlock your iphone without restoring or losing your jailbreak? I'm using an iP4S on 5.0.1, jailbroken and i'd rather not restore.
kevintech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:29 PM   #117
rak007
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintech View Post
is there a way to unlock your iphone without restoring or losing your jailbreak? I'm using an iP4S on 5.0.1, jailbroken and i'd rather not restore.
I would also like to know this.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:55 PM   #118
rak007
macrumors 6502a

I found this link..

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971908

Does this work fine ? As i mentioned in another thread, i have an iPhone 4S which will reach me later this month and i will have to get it unlocked but i don't want to restore it as it is on 5.1.1 and i guess the restore window might close by then.

@Kevin
You can try whatever is there in this link and report back.
rak007 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:38 PM   #119
spencers
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
Does this work fine ? As i mentioned in another thread, i have an iPhone 4S which will reach me later this month and i will have to get it unlocked but i don't want to restore it as it is on 5.1.1 and i guess the restore window might close by then.
The restore window will never close if you have the SHSH backed up with TinyUmbrella. See if you can get the former owner to send you those
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:54 PM   #120
kevintech
macrumors 6502

thanks for the link rak! i submitted a request to ATT
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:56 PM   #121
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
yes using Sam from Cydia Deactivate the Sim then Reactivate all via Sam! done take about 2 minutes including downloading SAM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:07 PM   #122
kevintech
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
yes using Sam from Cydia Deactivate the Sim then Reactivate all via Sam! done take about 2 minutes including downloading SAM.
ATT's unlock is better right? I won't have to redo it everytime i switch SIM cards?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:53 PM   #123
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:
ATT's unlock is better right? I won't have to redo it everytime i switch SIM cards?
Just deactivate it with SAM. Don't even click the OK that pops up after. Then connect the phone to iTunes. Let it reinstall drivers for it and you should get the Congratulations message. If you're really doubtful, then just restore it.

ON TOPIC: OK I got the unlock confirmation screen from iTunes. The phone still says AT&T 12.0 instead of Carrier 12.0, but that's probably because I didn't restore. The IMEI websites still say that I'm not unlocked, so I'll post another update when my micro SIM comes in the mail to confirm whether or not unlock fusion really unlocked it for me.

monkeydodo3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:01 PM   #124
jacobss
macrumors 6502

I didn't know about this! I will try to unlock mine tomorrow, just one question to be sure, when it is unlocked it means I can update to IOS 6 and it is still unlocked and forever?
jacobss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:08 PM   #125
monkeydodo3
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobss View Post
I didn't know about this! I will try to unlock mine tomorrow, just one question to be sure, when it is unlocked it means I can update to IOS 6 and it is still unlocked and forever?
Yes that is correct. It should remain unlocked, but some people that used unlock fusion recently have gotten relocked. If that happens to you, just message him.
monkeydodo3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks