Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Okay so heres what I've done so far:

JailBroke my iPhone using RedSn0w 0.9.14b1 for Mac
Installed the iPad Baseband 06.15.00
Installed ultrasn0w 1.2.7 to unlock my phone

Now what happens is my phone will have 5 bars for a few minutes then it will lose all the bars then go through a "searching" and "no signal" cycle for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, then I get the signal back.

I've tried re-loading the baseband and re-jail breaking and restarting and turning airplane mode on and off, nothing seems to have worked.

Nothing on any other forums has been helpful.

Heres all the vital information:
iPhone 3GS 16GB
It was on Rogers, but now its on Koodo
it was made before the 2011 baseband chip switch so its not an ipad baseband glitch.

Note: I disabled location services when I began writing this and my phone hasn't lost signal in 10 minutes so that might be it, but I read in another forum that they fixed the location services problem. Suggestions? because I would like to use location stuff over wi-fi even if my GPS is messed from the iPad baseband.

Thanks

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
In regards to my initial post, turning off location services did NOT fix the problem.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Right off the bat, redsn0w doesn't work with 3GS and Location Services unless you're hacktivated. You should turn 3G off and see what happens. I know that's an issue with T-Mobile sometimes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.