Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Just wondering for those of you who use the matte screen, or tried and went back to the glossy, how does it compare to glossy screens when it comes to crispness? Is it more -not blurry per se but- murky-ish? Like as if there's some layer between you and the screen, whereas there is none for glossy.

I know anti-glare doesn't equal anti-fingerprint, but that's what I imagine it's like. Anyone who's ever used an anti-fingerprint screen protector for the iphone, does the matte screen resemble that in anyway?

TheRdungeon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2011
Nah no way, infact there's less between you and the screen when compared to glossy, it's essentially just a bare screen. Love my HR AG. I've had glossy and anti glare and I really like anti glare

DrJohnZoidberg

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Yes. The AG screen looks awful; like someone has taken a glossy screen and covered it with Vaseline and mud. All murky and horrible with bits of grit and twigs in it. Really really terrible, you wouldn't like it. You should definitely get the glossy screen. :rolleyes:

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
Yes. The AG screen looks awful; like someone has taken a glossy screen and covered it with Vaseline and mud. All murky and horrible with bits of grit and twigs in it. Really really terrible, you wouldn't like it. You should definitely get the glossy screen. :rolleyes:

I smell sarcasm...:eek::eek::eek:

:D

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Nah no way, infact there's less between you and the screen when compared to glossy, it's essentially just a bare screen. Love my HR AG. I've had glossy and anti glare and I really like anti glare

This.

I went HR-AG. I wouldn't go back to the glossy/glass unless forced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.