Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atomant669

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Hi all I have a Belkin Folio iPad case in suede for a month now and it seems that it's getting dirty like it stains my iPad screen when I keep it closed just wondering how you guys go about cleaning that up? It doesn't look too nice when I'm doing presentation to a client and when I open it up it's all greasy and yucky. Should I dipi the folio case in a washing machine? Is it ok to wet it in soap and clean it and rinse it in water?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Hi all I have a Belkin Folio iPad case in suede for a month now and it seems that it's getting dirty like it stains my iPad screen when I keep it closed just wondering how you guys go about cleaning that up? It doesn't look too nice when I'm doing presentation to a client and when I open it up it's all greasy and yucky. Should I dipi the folio case in a washing machine? Is it ok to wet it in soap and clean it and rinse it in water?

you're kidding right? never owned leather/suede before?

google suede cleaner - or try amazon..about a hundred aerosols you can buy...

if you are talking about the inside of a smartcover , it's microfiber - try a damp towel....

Atomant669

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
you're kidding right? never owned leather/suede before?

google suede cleaner - or try amazon..about a hundred aerosols you can buy...

if you are talking about the inside of a smartcover , it's microfiber - try a damp towel....

No I'm not kidding and this is not a troll post. I'm not gonna use aerosols. Is is it ok to just clean it with soap and water?

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I have a Belkin Cinema Stripe folio with the suede-like microfiber liner and have found that a microfiber towel soaked in hot, soapy dishwater and then well-wrung to just damp does a great job cleaning up the liner and even the iPad screen front. Immediately follow by drying off with another dry soft towel.

Atomant669

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
I have a Belkin Cinema Stripe folio with the suede-like microfiber liner and have found that a microfiber towel soaked in hot, soapy dishwater and then well-wrung to just damp does a great job cleaning up the liner and even the iPad screen front. Immediately follow by drying off with another dry soft towel.

Ok thanks I guess I'll just do it my way then, I'll just wash it under the tap with soap and water. I guess that's the best way to get it really clean next to dipping it in warm soapy water. I have reservations with aerosol spray suede cleaners though.

----------

BTW Koigirl, mine's a Belkin cinema dot folio. :)

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Ok thanks I guess I'll just do it my way then, I'll just wash it under the tap with soap and water. I guess that's the best way to get it really clean next to dipping it in warm soapy water. I have reservations with aerosol spray suede cleaners though.

----------

BTW Koigirl, mine's a Belkin cinema dot folio. :)

use what ever makes you happy, my amazement was when you mentioned the washing machine......

as far as aerosols, you must be a environmentalist as it's not a problem otherwise, I use this on everything fabric/cloth, or suede:
35435809.jpg

Last edited:

Atomant669

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
use what ever makes you happy, my amazement was when you mentioned the washing machine......

as far as aerosols, you must be a environmentalist as it's not a problem otherwise, I use this on everything fabric/cloth, or suede:

Dude I agree now, washing machine is overkill. :D:D:D:D I washed it with just hand soap and water and it's been sitting there drying for the past couple hours. Looks nice n clean to me and no pre mature wear on that case. :p

Alec Shaw

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
I usually clean it with "Endust for Electronics" and wipe it with a towel.And i have not faced any problem rather it cleans perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.