Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jul 6, 2012, 09:35 AM   #1
TheDutchGuy
macrumors member

Amadeus Audio Editor, who's using it?

Came across Amadeus Audio Editor yesterday and was wondering if you're using the program and what your opinion is?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 06:44 AM   #2
angusmcfisher
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchGuy View Post
Came across Amadeus Audio Editor yesterday and was wondering if you're using the program and what your opinion is?
I use it a lot. For me, it's the best audio editor around for mac for individual file editing.
angusmcfisher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2012, 09:18 PM   #3
TheDutchGuy
macrumors member

Individual file editing, that's the thing I can't figure out. Does Amadeus support multi-track editing?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:48 PM   #4
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Individual file editing, that's the thing I can't figure out. Does Amadeus support multi-track editing?

I always suggest people use GarageBand until they can say why it can't work for them. What is it GB can't do for you? I'd hate to recommend something else that you would not like for that reason
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:35 PM   #5
TheDutchGuy
macrumors member

I've just migrated from Windows to Mac and I was using the old school Cool Edit Pro 2.0, which did the job perfectly for me. So I need something similar. I was about to get Logic Pro, but came across Amadeus. I don't mind paying for software, but since I'm new to Mac, I figured to get some feedback before buying...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:39 PM   #6
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
I've just migrated from Windows to Mac and I was using the old school Cool Edit Pro 2.0, which did the job perfectly for me. So I need something similar. I was about to get Logic Pro, but came across Amadeus. I don't mind paying for software, but since I'm new to Mac, I figured to get some feedback before buying...
Like i said, Why not Garage Band. It does free with every Mac and you already have it.

Logic is nice too. It is an expanded and more powerful version of garage Band. Logic and GB share the same "engine" under the hood but Logic has a greatly expended user interface. Before you buy Logic try GB and see if you like it. Then if you find it lacks some feature you need upgrade. Logic will open Gb projects so you don't loose any work
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:01 PM   #7
TheDutchGuy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Like i said, Why not Garage Band. It does free with every Mac and you already have it.

Logic is nice too. It is an expanded and more powerful version of garage Band. Logic and GB share the same "engine" under the hood but Logic has a greatly expended user interface. Before you buy Logic try GB and see if you like it. Then if you find it lacks some feature you need upgrade. Logic will open Gb projects so you don't loose any work
Thanks for the advice, I highly appreciate it! I'll just do that

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio