Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rustyk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
What I am looking for is a Keystone jack of even just a plain wall plate with a thunderbolt port. I want a single thunderbolt port to plug into my new Retina MacBook Pro, inside the wall I would like to connect an hdmi output to my TV and and ethernet connection. I have run many cables through these walls before and I know that space is limited, but there is a drop ceiling with plenty of space to store whatever rig there is to do what I am looking for, if it even exists. What has been released to get me even close?

rustyk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
That was the original plan. I upgraded to a real surround sound system that had HDMI inputs, so i had my old HDMI Switch that I thought would work perfect to have multiple HDMI ports around the room and have 1 input that auto selected based on the port being used. That was the plan when I was wall mounting the TV, then I could have one on each wall of the room.

I have the new Retina MacBook Pro, so the adapter is not necessary since I have an HDMI port already. I guess I don't really need Ethernet either since I have full 300Mbps wireless N and the Router is about 5 feet away from where I want it. I guess I will do this, then wait for some company to start selling the jacks and I will make a in-wall coupler, since apparently I am not the only one to have this idea. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.