Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

recobafan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
(Don't know if this is the right place to post; if not, mods- I'm sorry!)

So I finally got the Lion upgrade, and then installed the latest version of Xcode 4(4.2 I think it is). However, the books that i also bought(apparently for Xcode 4) often talk about opening a 'window based application.' for most of their programs.
However, I don't see that - the 2 closest resemblences are 'empty application' and 'single view application'; And in both, I don't see the ViewController.xib I need to help run my program.

Any help where the view controller.xib thing may be would be great! Thanks!

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
(Don't know if this is the right place to post; if not, mods- I'm sorry!)
It's the right place.

So I finally got the Lion upgrade, and then installed the latest version of Xcode 4(4.2 I think it is). However, the books that i also bought(apparently for Xcode 4) often talk about opening a 'window based application.' for most of their programs.
However, I don't see that - the 2 closest resemblences are 'empty application' and 'single view application'; And in both, I don't see the ViewController.xib I need to help run my program.

Any help where the view controller.xib thing may be would be great! Thanks!

The latest version of Xcode is 4.3.3. But, I believe what you want is a 'single view application' but be sure to turn off the Storyboard option during project creation. That should give you the ViewController.xib you seek.

recobafan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Thank you kind sirs :)

Can i turn the option off after the application is already in process(Ive written some of the codes) or do I have to start a new application and close it from there?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Can i turn the option off after the application is already in process(Ive written some of the codes) or do I have to start a new application and close it from there?

I don't think you can turn off storyboards after project creation, but you can create XIBs outside of the storyboard. I suggest, for you, the easiest would be to start a new project, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.