Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:26 AM   #76
SumoHamster
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by twietee View Post
Two questions: when do you think the next gen is due next year?
I just read this morning that a new slimmer PS3 will be out in the next month or two. I don't think it's next gen, just a design change. I think the next version of XBox (and PS3 and Wii) are rumored to be out next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they come out in Sep/Oct so everyone can rush out and snag them for the holidays.
SumoHamster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:57 AM   #77
twietee
macrumors 68040

Thank's! I'll google that new Slim thing...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoHamster View Post
I just read this morning that a new slimmer PS3 will be out in the next month or two.
ok found it..interesting saw that 500GB version with different design already at amazon available (for preorder I guess) but thought that would be too much for me..cool, now I know what to get for my B-day..thank's a lot! It's going to be released in October.
twietee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:39 AM   #78
SumoHamster
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by twietee View Post
Thank's! I'll google that new Slim thing...
Sorry, I should have included a link when I mentioned it. So, here you go!

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/in...on-3-1B5967747
SumoHamster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:54 AM   #79
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

PS3, the games are just better in my opinion. Free online too, dont think i should have to pay to play after I bought the game and pay for the internet.
iHailCarlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:29 PM   #80
TedM
macrumors 6502

At this point I'd wait for the next line of next gens. Consoles are super old these days. Wait for something better. You've already waited why cave and by an outdated console?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:36 PM   #81
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedM View Post
At this point I'd wait for the next line of next gens. Consoles are super old these days. Wait for something better. You've already waited why cave and by an outdated console?
Because it's all about the games. There were/are some amazing games this gen and these consoles are probably 1/3 the price of what their successors will be.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:14 PM   #82
TedM
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
Because it's all about the games. There were/are some amazing games this gen and these consoles are probably 1/3 the price of what their successors will be.
Go with ps3 then. PS3 has much better games.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:42 PM   #83
Carlanga
macrumors 603

PS3, good quality hardware & you also get one of the most advanced Blu Ray Players out there w/ 3D and all other whistles.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:03 AM   #84
PhoenixMac
macrumors 6502a

So I have decided I am picking up a 360 for the upcoming Halo 4 (I love the Halo series) and I have not gamed for the last 2 years. Should I pick up a refurbished unit or a used unit off of craigslist? I know there is a next gen coming but that is months away and why wait when I can have fun in the meantime and pick up the next gen when it releases as well.

What are some things I should check for that will let me know if the console is on its last legs if I pick up a used unit.

Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:59 AM   #85
joeysarks
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixMac View Post
So I have decided I am picking up a 360 for the upcoming Halo 4 (I love the Halo series) and I have not gamed for the last 2 years. Should I pick up a refurbished unit or a used unit off of craigslist? I know there is a next gen coming but that is months away and why wait when I can have fun in the meantime and pick up the next gen when it releases as well.

What are some things I should check for that will let me know if the console is on its last legs if I pick up a used unit.

Thanks.
YEAAH BOY! Halo 4 is gonna be huge, 6 more days! Xbox is a smart choice anyways. Good exclusives titles, early map packs for things like CoD, and frankly if you buy a year gold pass during black friday it's almost free to play these days Better controllers than PS3 too IMO, but my thumbs bump with em so im biased towards Xbox.
joeysarks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 05:46 AM   #86
Jamesdawn
Banned

I think Xbox 360 will be best choce because there is a big problem in PS3 and every one is facing this problem.
Jamesdawn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:29 AM   #87
pommie82
macrumors regular

I had no option i had to sell my xbox because i couldn't afford to pay for the subs every year because i came out of work and i had to get ps3 because it was a lot cheaper.I do miss the xbox because the party chats were good and the gameplay seem to be better then the ps3 too things seem to run a little bit more smoother then the ps3 the chat functions on ps3 are very poor compared to the xbox sony really need to work on the chat functions and the party functions another things not very good about ps3 is that early morning time GMT sometimes you can struggle to get game and you either end up switching your ps3 off or find other game.With xbox i never struggled to get a game at all no matter what time of the day.

If you don't have money problem i would get xbox and enjoy the better gaming experience

if you broke and you don't have much money then i would go for a ps3 to save some money
pommie82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:10 AM   #88
Miharu
macrumors 6502

Get both... Yeah I know it's stupid, I wish I could just have one machine that has every game possible, but both consoles have their great exclusive games and most multiplatform games are better on one or the other (like Skyrim is way better on 360, Assassin's Creed games usually has exclusive stuff on PS3 and so on). One thing to note is that Xbox Live Gold costs money to do the things you can do for free on PS3, and Playstation Plus costs money to give you access to a library of games on demand, which is infinitely better.
Miharu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:49 PM   #89
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommie82 View Post
I do miss the xbox because the party chats were good and the gameplay seem to be better then the ps3
I don't think you know what gameplay is .
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:09 PM   #90
AlyseM
macrumors member

My vote would be for ps3. i like it way more than my 360

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games