Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1
zachlegomaniac
macrumors 6502

Internet Service Provider Options (or lack thereof)

Hey Everyone,

I can only get Comcast where I am (a couple towns north of Boston), and they're about to jack my rate up from the promotional to the, "Oh, you're just an old loyal customer so screw you," rate of $70+/month for their performance (20mbps down) package from the original $29.99 1 year promo.

I tried to politely get them to give me another promo, but they won't budge. They must know I have no other options where I am (besides a weak Verizon DSL signal). I told the sales rep that theoretically I could bounce between Verizon and Comcast every other year to shop promotional rates, but that I was a great customer and she basically told me to go to Verizon if I wanted and come back to them in two years for another promotional rate. If we had FIOS here I would.

Anyhow, does anyone know of a way I can get reasonably fast internet for a good price (so I can still stream MLB) other than those two options? I can't have a satellite where I rent. I'm guessing I just have to pony up and pay crazy money for internet only. I feel like it's crazy expensive (as everything else is) here in Boston.

Any tips would be great.

Thank you,

Zach
zachlegomaniac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion