Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidnyjets

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Hey guys,

Quick question, just wondering... is there a way to disable the bookmark bar? from coming up when I move my cursor to the top of my screen. By the way, it only happens in Full Screen -- so it may be a part of Lion?

I attached a screenshot to show you what I mean. It's the area in between my tabs and the address bar.

By the way, I did a search for a forum on this topic and couldn't find much, but if this can be addressed somewhere please feel free to move this thread!

Thanks!

David

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-07 at 2.11.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-07 at 2.11.59 PM.png
    237.1 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
You can go: View>Hide Bookmarks Bar
If that doesn't work then go: View>Customize Toolbar and pull the book icon from the bar and poof it out or move it up.

davidnyjets

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
New York
It was already set has hidden in the View menu. But I want to disable it from appearing when I move my cursor towards the tabs/address bar. I also tried the Customize Toolbar option but it won't let me drag the entire toolbar, only buttons and stuff.

macneubie

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2011
Another slightly (ir)relevant question. Is there any way to click on the address bar on Safari and the entire address is selected, much like pressing Command+L?

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Another slightly (ir)relevant question. Is there any way to click on the address bar on Safari and the entire address is selected, much like pressing Command+L?

Just click on the favicon at the beginning of the address in the address bar and it will select the entire address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.