Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
From stealing your shiny new mba since apple didnt include a kensington lock? How ######g cheap is that?

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
One thing u can do is lock it in a drawer when ur not using it or hide it between stacks of papers. That way you can step outsude without having to carry it.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
From stealing your shiny new mba since apple didnt include a kensington lock? How ######g cheap is that?

I carry mine in a case that doesn't scream "Laptop" inside. When in Airports (a frequent occasion) I never leave it unattended, the same thing I practice everywhere, and as such I never have a problem.

If I'm using someone else's desk while out and about and need to step away for a moment, I simply close it, slip it in it's sleeve and carry it with me.

That's the beauty of the exemplary way MBA's go to sleep so fast.

It's as easy as that :)

http://sfbags.com/products/laptopsuedejacket/laptopsuedejacket.htm

MagicThief83

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
NYC
This thread made me think about the time (last week) I walked into an Apple store, and a guy had just purchased a MBP, and then left it unattended on the table behind him, while obliviously playing with his iToy (aka iPhone) lol. He was so engrossed into the phone, anyone could've taken that MBP from right under his nose and he would not have even realized. Me, I guard my purchases and don't take my eye or hand off of them, not even for a split second.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.