Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james948

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
I record music demos and also jokes ( I do some standup) and, really, all sorts of things. I got sick of them going into iTunes for a myriad of reasons.

Is there an app someone can recommend to organise them / play them?

Would make life so much easier!

Thanks in advance.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Well, Library Monkey.

What do you use to make them? They are, after all, just files, so perhaps one of the DevonThink type personal database programs might work. Or even a tag-centric application like Leap.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Apple should include a simple app in iLife suite to organize Voice Memo we recorded. Just rename it, tag it, sort it. That's sort of things.

james948

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Well, Library Monkey.

What do you use to make them? They are, after all, just files, so perhaps one of the DevonThink type personal database programs might work. Or even a tag-centric application like Leap.

I record them on my phone. So I basically want some sort of itunes that's independent of itunes. Not another library. But a simple program for organising and playing voice memos.

cari.craig

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2018
James - I was just wondering this many years later if you could share your process now?
if you figured out a way to organize your stuff etc :)

I'd love that insight!

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.