Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smacman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
Is there a way to filter emails in iCloud?

Example: Using Gmail, I am able to filter emails based on sender, subject, content, etc., to filter to a subcategory, and avoid my inbox altogether. This way when I get home, I simply see an unread email in my "Bills and Receipts" folder and read it (when I'm in the mood to pay bills). The email bypasses my inbox entirely so as not to disturb me while I'm out and about..

This is one of the most basic features of gmail, but I can't seem to figure out how to replicate it in iCloud. I'll disclose now that this query isn't for me (I would never leave gmail) but for a friend.

Thanks in advance for any help..

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Yes... login to iCloud.com and in the mail settings you can add rules to do what you describe.

vokOR.png

nyK9t.png

smacman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
Thanks but that doesn't seem to be solving my problem. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the message still triggers a new email alert. I'd like to bypass the Inbox entirely and have this mail standby until I choose to check it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.