Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:42 AM   #1
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Question about the tap to facebook tab in notifcations center

I know in IOS 6 in the notification center you have tap to tweet and tap to Facebook... I don't post Facebook status but do log on to check out other status. so is there a way to log into the Facebook app but not have the tap to Facebook appear in notifcations center and just have the tap to tweet as the only option?
The Game 161 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:57 AM   #2
mrapplegate
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game 161 View Post
I know in IOS 6 in the notification center you have tap to tweet and tap to Facebook... I don't post Facebook status but do log on to check out other status. so is there a way to log into the Facebook app but not have the tap to Facebook appear in notifcations center and just have the tap to tweet as the only option?
The only choice is to post a status. You can't log in and check other statuses from there.
mrapplegate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:02 AM   #3
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrapplegate View Post
The only choice is to post a status. You can't log in and check other statuses from there.
No I mean can I still log into the Facebook app but not the log in in general where Facebook is there? Meaning can I still log in to Facebook without the Facebook tab appearing in the notification center. As I would rather have the tweet option as the only option.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
No I mean can I still log into the Facebook app but not the log in in general where Facebook is there? Meaning can I still log in to Facebook without the Facebook tab appearing in the notification center. As I would rather have the tweet option as the only option.
Yes, you can use the Facebook app as normal without being logged into the iOS integrated Facebook account.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:11 AM   #5
applefanDrew
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Or you can just turn off the fb widget.
applefanDrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:17 AM   #6
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefanDrew View Post
Or you can just turn off the fb widget.
Right ok so there's an option for that in notifications center then? Ok good
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:46 AM   #7
BvizioN
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to BvizioN
Quote:
It should be. Just like there is an option to turn off weather or stock widgets on iOS 5.
BvizioN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
The toggle is for "share banners," it is for both Facebook and twitter. If you disable it, you can't post to either. Just don't log into Facebook through iOS, only through the app and you won't have any problems.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:58 PM   #9
mrapplegate
macrumors 68030

Quote:
ok, I understand your question now. Like others have said you can log into the FB app. I am not sure you can remove it. I think it is still there even if you don't supply your FB credentials.
mrapplegate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:12 PM   #10
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
The toggle is for "share banners," it is for both Facebook and twitter. If you disable it, you can't post to either. Just don't log into Facebook through iOS, only through the app and you won't have any problems.
Well I saw a YouTube video with the word tweet in notification center and no tap to Facebook on there so that's why I asked
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Well I saw a YouTube video with the word tweet in notification center and no tap to Facebook on there so that's why I asked
Yes, this is achievable by being signed in (through the OS) to only twitter, not Facebook. You can still be logged into the Facebook app though. Similarly, if you want it to display only post to Facebook, you would log into the OS integration of Facebook, but could still use twitter by logging in to just the twitter app itself.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:58 AM   #12
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
Yes, this is achievable by being signed in (through the OS) to only twitter, not Facebook. You can still be logged into the Facebook app though. Similarly, if you want it to display only post to Facebook, you would log into the OS integration of Facebook, but could still use twitter by logging in to just the twitter app itself.
great stuff

thanks for your help.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:31 AM   #13
hasa619
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to hasa619
Or in the settings part go down to the Facebook part and simply log out that way you will only have tap to tweet,
hasa619 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6