Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jul 27, 2005, 04:24 AM   #1
GlynJones
macrumors 6502

M-Audio Revolution 5.1 PCI Audio Card or Digital Speakers

Hi all,
Recently bought a Dual 2.0 Power Mac and am very happy with it except for the speakers buzz interference and ticking noise.

The question I am asking is would the "M-Audio Revolution 5.1 PCI Audio Card" fix the problem or would a set of speakers with digital input clear the problem instead.

Does the digital output bypass the sound interference? If so, then can anyone recommend a good set of 2.1 digital speakers that are available in the UK?

Thanks for any help. At the moment Iím just using the internal speaker as itís driving me nuts using the speakers at the moment.

Glyn.
GlynJones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:22 AM   #2
sphereboy
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to sphereboy
same here. not the interference but i really want to utilize the digital audio out that the G5 PowerMacs come with, but have no clue where to start.

I mean i know i can get a Receiver and connect the Digital Audio to that but i really don't want another piece of electronics on my work area.

Do Digital Speakers really exist? Is there a "mini" receiver that can be connected to the digital out? This looks and sounds like something Griffin Technology would produce.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Ipod 20GB -Ipod 2GB ∑ MacMini 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo
sphereboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio