Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hi
I live in Latvia and here we have only Apple resellers who right now have a hard time getting any retina at all, they even don't have demo rMBP for store yet and even thought I'm 5th in the line it looks like I have to wait at least till August to get it. So my question is should I wait or get 15'' cMBP and 256gb SSD. This year I will be studing in Scotland university so I need good laptop for school as well as some games (TF2/Witcher 2/Asassins Creed 3)
So should I wait for it or just get cMBP and be happy with it.
Things that I'm concerned about.
-If I wait for rMBP and it have bad screen or any other problem that was mentioned here I have to wait long time for replacement (Apple resellers don't just give you new laptop)

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Just wait and get the retina. The probability you'll end up with a laptop that is defective somehow is low. Plus, if you do have any problems you can always have it looked at in scotland. I'm sure there are more Apple stores in Scotland/UK than in Latvia.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Just wait and get the retina. The probability you'll end up with a laptop that is defective somehow is low. Plus, if you do have any problems you can always have it looked at in scotland. I'm sure there are more Apple stores in Scotland/UK than in Latvia.

Yeah, I think you are right. I'll live in Aberdeen and there is one yes, if I have any problems with Retina that I bought in Latvia I will be able to exchange it for new one in Scotland Apple Store, right?

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Yeah, I think you are right. I'll live in Aberdeen and there is one yes, if I have any problems with Retina that I bought in Latvia I will be able to exchange it for new one in Scotland Apple Store, right?

As long as it's within the 14 day return policy, I think they would issue you a new one for any problems like dead pixels, pressure marks or bad logic boards that you would likely encounter within the first 2 weeks. After that they will most likely handle it as a repair case. Either way, they will fix your rMBP.

Zeromancer

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2010
or just order it online :/

I live in belgium and there are no Official apple stores here to.

So ordering online it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.