Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:08 AM   #1
NeonBible
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Lexmark Impact S305 wireless functionality not working

Hey!

I have a Lexmark Impact S305, a wireless all-in-one printer, but do have some trouble with the wireless functionality with the MacBook Air (w/ OS X Lion). The printer works fine with my PC but unfortunately I don't get any contact with it wirelessly through my MacBook Air. I've installed and updated all the drivers available for the exact model of my printer, from the company's web site. The only way to make it functioning is connecting with the cable which is pretty unnecessary due to the fact that it's a wireless printer.

So I wonder if any of you know how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.
NeonBible is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:14 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5
 
Macman45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The printer is not AirPrint compatible:
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...2153542AA2UDi9

But all is not lost...PrintnShare and Weprint are apps ( Hopefully still available) that can enable you to use the printer wirelessly....Truth is though, you won;t get all the features and in the long run a fully AirPrint compatible wifi printer would be a better option.

I use an Epson...No wires at all, just sits on my network and prints from all 3 Macs, my iPad and iPhone too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Sx535W...2001648&sr=8-1

It has a different product code back home, but I have a buddy who is using one in the States without issues.
__________________
Thats Not All Folks
Macman45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:55 AM   #3
NeonBible
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
The printer is not AirPrint compatible:
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...2153542AA2UDi9

But all is not lost...PrintnShare and Weprint are apps ( Hopefully still available) that can enable you to use the printer wirelessly....Truth is though, you won;t get all the features and in the long run a fully AirPrint compatible wifi printer would be a better option.

I use an Epson...No wires at all, just sits on my network and prints from all 3 Macs, my iPad and iPhone too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Sx535W...2001648&sr=8-1

It has a different product code back home, but I have a buddy who is using one in the States without issues.
Thanks for reply.

But the printer's own wireless functionality still have to work even though it doesn't support AirPrint?
NeonBible is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5
 
Macman45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
Thanks for reply.

But the printer's own wireless functionality still have to work even though it doesn't support AirPrint?
Yes. Basically it works with a PC, but Macs are different...The two apps I mentioned are a kind of cheat...They work, but like I said, if you want all the features of your printer to be available to you on your Mac, then you do need an AirPrint capable device....The Epson was just an example...HP and others also make printers which will work full wifi with macs.
__________________
Thats Not All Folks
Macman45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 06:01 AM   #5
NeonBible
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
Yes. Basically it works with a PC, but Macs are different...The two apps I mentioned are a kind of cheat...They work, but like I said, if you want all the features of your printer to be available to you on your Mac, then you do need an AirPrint capable device....The Epson was just an example...HP and others also make printers which will work full wifi with macs.
Ok, thanks for reply once again. I'll check out the mentioned apps.
NeonBible is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotspot Not Working on iPhone 5 using h2o wireless! maverick45 iPhone 7 Jan 26, 2014 02:56 AM
Wireless Mighty Mouse Not Working mcmacker4 Mac Peripherals 6 Jan 5, 2013 08:06 AM
Wireless Not Working Mary H Mac Basics and Help 6 Nov 9, 2012 11:57 AM
wireless keyboard volume not working spokar iMac 1 Oct 17, 2012 08:00 PM
verizon wireless tracking not working? emmanevada iPhone 0 Oct 7, 2012 09:24 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC