Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Have a nagging issue with file and folder modification dates changing to the current (copy) time on the destination side (file server-MacMini with Lion Server, Thunderbolt RAID). This is via ethernet network, not wireless or direct. I'm putting a folder's worth of files and random number of files end up with this issue. They appear to be fine otherwise, but it sucks as we do rely upon file dates in many cases to assure that we're using the most current, plus messes with linked placements with InDesign.

Any thoughts what could cause this?

Faulkenberry

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
I'm having the same issue. We have Mac's & PC's with a windows 2000 server with all our art files saved to its mirrored hard drive. Most of the macs are running 10.5 and don't have this problem. Now when my boss uses his Laptop running 10.7 and saves any file type to any folder on the server, a random number of files "date modified" attribute is changed to current date & time. It only happens with 10.7 when saving files to the server, or any other network share folder. This is extremely annoying and not helping with what we do here. Is there a workaround or are we just stuck waiting until Apple decides to fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.