Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1
TimTheEnchanter
macrumors 6502a

Modification Dates Changing on Network Copies

Have a nagging issue with file and folder modification dates changing to the current (copy) time on the destination side (file server-MacMini with Lion Server, Thunderbolt RAID). This is via ethernet network, not wireless or direct. I'm putting a folder's worth of files and random number of files end up with this issue. They appear to be fine otherwise, but it sucks as we do rely upon file dates in many cases to assure that we're using the most current, plus messes with linked placements with InDesign.

Any thoughts what could cause this?
RIP: too many Macs to list...AppleII-PMG5
TimTheEnchanter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Faulkenberry
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. We have Mac's & PC's with a windows 2000 server with all our art files saved to its mirrored hard drive. Most of the macs are running 10.5 and don't have this problem. Now when my boss uses his Laptop running 10.7 and saves any file type to any folder on the server, a random number of files "date modified" attribute is changed to current date & time. It only happens with 10.7 when saving files to the server, or any other network share folder. This is extremely annoying and not helping with what we do here. Is there a workaround or are we just stuck waiting until Apple decides to fix this?
Faulkenberry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking