Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
From MacDailynews.com

Thurrott looks at Sony's "horribly named Network Walkman Digital Music Player NW-E500 series" and writes, "Without understanding the limitations of the Sony Network Walkman, you might see its razzle-dazzle display and assume the iPod had finally met its match. Don't be confused. The overall user experience of the Sony Network Walkman is abysmal. For the time being, at least, Apple has nothing to fear. My advice is to stick with the surprisingly affordable iPod shuffle—which is near perfect, in my opinion—or check out a Creative MuVo if you absolutely must have a screen.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/6384/

Seems kinda strange that Paul is so pro-apple these days.

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
I don't give Turdott "Lee time" anymore because every time you visit his site(s), he gets $$$ and/or clout from the advertisers which only leads to more drivel (incendiary or passive).

I felt that Kelby pegged Turdott dead-center in "Macintosh - The Naked Truth" when he wrote about "PC users who pretend to be Mac users".

Interestingly, Turdott scathingly reviewed the book on Amazon but his review no longer shows up although there are references to his review in the comments of others e.g.:

Then, a week later, Scott asked me to go read the review of his book at Amazon.com by Paul Thurrott, News Editor of Windows 2000 magazine. I did, and if anything, it simply proves the point Scott made in his book.

Seems like there is either some serious back-peddling or serious possum-playing going on right now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.