Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:32 PM   #1
WigWag Workshop
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Ohio (Born and Raised in SE WI)
Add a Directory Final Cut X

Good Day Folks!

I have a directory of sound effects, on an external drive. How do I add that directory to the Music and Sound browser within Final Cut? Do I have to move it to my main drive, where Final Cut is installed? If more information is needed, please ask.

Thanks in advance,

Steven
WigWag Workshop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Zwhaler
macrumors 603
 
Zwhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by WigWag Workshop View Post
Good Day Folks!

I have a directory of sound effects, on an external drive. How do I add that directory to the Music and Sound browser within Final Cut? Do I have to move it to my main drive, where Final Cut is installed? If more information is needed, please ask.

Thanks in advance,

Steven
FCP X doesn't really have a sound browser, just a shortcut to your iTunes library. The best way to do it is to create a playlist in iTunes and add all of the sounds to that playlist (add to library first on your main drive), then you can access from the "sound browser".
__________________
2x2.93 24GB 25TB 2x1TB 840EVO 2x UAD OCTO, Apollo, 4-710d
Check Out My YouTube Channel~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zwhaler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Small White Car
macrumors G4
 
Small White Car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Washington DC
Or, if you didn't want to involve iTunes you could make a new Event and import all the audio to that and just sort of treat the clips as if they were video with no picture.

So it depends on what you value more: Having them live in the sound browser or not clogging up iTunes with these files.
Small White Car is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:19 PM   #4
mBox
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Or, if you didn't want to involve iTunes you could make a new Event and import all the audio to that and just sort of treat the clips as if they were video with no picture.

So it depends on what you value more: Having them live in the sound browser or not clogging up iTunes with these files.
In some facilities this is the norm.
I just started using our old library in FCPX as an Event.
I wish FCPX could read Avid MXF folders, this way we can share from both apps.
mBox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:06 PM   #5
loungecorps
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Its very simple. Just drag the folder from the finder to the audio library in fcpx. I have all my old soundtrack pro loops & bbc in their
loungecorps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:33 PM   #6
WigWag Workshop
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Ohio (Born and Raised in SE WI)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loungecorps View Post
Its very simple. Just drag the folder from the finder to the audio library in fcpx. I have all my old soundtrack pro loops & bbc in their
Thanks all for the tips and suggestions! The above method worked best for me, and I now have everything, in my audio library. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

-Steven
WigWag Workshop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:43 PM   #7
Jimmyjrj
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
First, create a folder with the sounds effects you want to copy in the finder.

This is so you can keep you sounds separate from the default library that Final Cut comes with.

Next, navigate to Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Apple Loops>Apple

You should see a Folder labelled Final Cut Pro Sound Effects.

Copy your folder in to the Final Cut Pro Sound Effects folder and now you will see your sound effects in the final cut library, for easy, searchable, and real time previewing within the application.

Jimmyjrj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Final Cut Pro - Please Help! tonycooper Digital Video 9 Jan 29, 2014 10:28 AM
iPhone: cocoPPa/safari 'add to homepage' file directory amydenice Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 May 17, 2013 06:20 PM
Final Cut mcsolas Mac mini 3 Jan 12, 2013 04:42 AM
Converting XML from Final Cut Pro 7 to Final Cut Pro X and visa versa MacintoshMan Digital Video 1 Oct 11, 2012 04:24 AM
How to add a Favicon without using root directory? twiggy0 Web Design and Development 1 Aug 28, 2012 03:26 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC