Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)

Old Nov 8, 2002, 01:06 AM   #1
macfario
macrumors newbie

disregard

*****sorry****

i am removing my post.....i won this laptop and was posting it without knowing its real value. Apologize for any miscommunication... will repost with complete info

Last edited by macfario; Nov 8, 2002 at 02:47 AM.
macfario is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2002, 02:18 AM   #2
DreaminDirector
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to DreaminDirector
are you sure?

Are you sure you check all of your info out? These just came out and are selling no where near this price. Double check and repost.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 02:36 AM   #3
Keleuthos
macrumors newbie

*cough*scam*cough*
Keleuthos is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2002, 02:39 AM   #4
Sun Baked
macrumors G5

Hmmm...

Point us to some links where the NEW PowerBook G4 1G/Superdrive are selling on e-bay for a $800 haircut over Apple's current retail.

Better yet, point us to some people who have actually received a $1100 discount off of Apple's current $3000 retail for these "hot" new machines.

Since you are point to the spec page, one can only expect a minimum of Apple standard configurations.

Please give us the total specs on these machines.

---

You can always post a copy of the Apple label on the side of the box and blot out the serial, you don't need to host your picture, this site will accept picture attachments to your reply.

Last edited by Sun Baked; Nov 8, 2002 at 02:44 AM.
Sun Baked is offline   0
Old Nov 8, 2002, 03:09 AM   #5
DreaminDirector
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to DreaminDirector
"*cough*scam*cough*" -Keleuthos

yeah, alittle fishy.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 03:37 AM   #6
macfario
macrumors newbie

Hey ...........I apologize if this came across as Fishy or a scam!! I won this as a sales bonus and will receive it next week. I have a desktop donít really need this. I had listed the specs i was told (which was 1 Ghz with 512/mb & superdrive with approx retail value of $2500) and thatís what I listed. It would have been more prudent to wait till got the machine. I will re-list with exact info with actual photos.

Does anyone know what price range this model is selling for? Its definitely 1Ghz! Apple lowest 1Ghz online is $2,799. Whatís a fair asking price?
Old Nov 8, 2002, 12:42 PM   #7
Keleuthos
macrumors newbie

Check the specs on the box once you get it and then see what that would cost on Apple's site or one of the resellers.

Also, I would recomend leaving the box sealed.
Keleuthos is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2003, 11:53 AM   #8
Wano
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Wano
$2300 is a fair prize, considering you aren't loosing any money on it. Let me know when you get it.
Wano is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2003, 02:01 PM   #9
ChoMomma
macrumors 6502

Location: way too far from a Jack in the Box... or In N Out..
Send a message via AIM to ChoMomma Send a message via Skype™ to ChoMomma
Quote:
Originally posted by macfario
Hey ...........I apologize if this came across as Fishy or a scam!! I won this as a sales bonus and will receive it next week. I have a desktop don?t really need this. I had listed the specs i was told (which was 1 Ghz with 512/mb & superdrive with approx retail value of $2500) and that?s what I listed. It would have been more prudent to wait till got the machine. I will re-list with exact info with actual photos.

Does anyone know what price range this model is selling for? Its definitely 1Ghz! Apple lowest 1Ghz online is $2,799. What?s a fair asking price?
May I ask where it is your work? If he works where I think he might then I know he's real. I have a friend at this "place" and they get stuff like that for bonuses... pisses me off that I turned down a job at the same place a year ago... oh well.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 12:28 PM   #10
Wano
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Wano
Did you get the machine yet? If so what is the asking price? Thanks!
Wano is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)