Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I am dearly hoping every bit of this to not to be true.

As recent as last week there is this report (apparently rumour as of now ) which has been reported on Digitimes, the ever so reliable source as far as Apple News is concerned. Digitimes is reporting that leading to such a public furore and uproar of the new iPad overheating so much (Which I am still not able to fathom what the Heck People are talking about ?? )that Apple is secretly thinking about making a drastic makeover to the current New iPad by changing the current IPS DUAL LED Screen to Single LED IGZO Display screen there by also reducing the battery size to half of what it is right now.

My question is, how on earth ?? in middle of a product life cycle can Apple make such a big overhaul to the product, is it profitable? Is it feasible? in terms of resources used, time used, engineering technology used everything it just makes no sense atall to do this right now. I sincerely hope this is just a rumour and nothing else.

I am getting worried coz I had owned the new iPad but due to display flaws returned it and have decided on to wait till things stabilise but that in no ways means that I am ready to compromise on a completely new Product Technology from what they released in the first 5 months of the releasing this product. How can Apple expect half of the world be using a difent product of iPad-3 and remaining the other. I sincerely wish and pray to god that this does not happen and become true. I have already tasted blood in the form of how brilliant the current new iPad is (To the Lucky one's who have got perfect screens) and no ways am I ready to now see a changed product. Gosh what a shocker ! Apple you are preety good in playing deceptive games !

Last edited:

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I don't think Apple will revise the iPad mid-cycle, but I'm sure they are looking for ways to revise it for next years version.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Pro Tip, don't get worked up over a rumor.

I wish I could do that but it is reported by Digitimes which has a reputation of being Bang on target as far as rumour with Apple products is concerned. Had it been anybody else it would have been another thing, but it is Digitimes.

----------

I don't think Apple will revise the iPad mid-cycle, but I'm sure they are looking for ways to revise it for next years version.

So what is Digitimes reporting then ?

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
COLOR="#808080"]

So what is Digitimes reporting then ?

Just what I said...Apple is trying to isolate any issues/complainsts with the current iPad and looking for ways to address them in next years version. Apple is NOT going to change up the iPad mid-cycle....I promise you.

Digitimes....what are they trying to do......umm, drum up attention, site hits, get their name in the press.... Same crap, different day.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Just what I said...Apple is trying to isolate any issues/complainsts with the current iPad and looking for ways to address them in next years version. Apple is NOT going to change up the iPad mid-cycle....I promise you.

Digitimes....what are they trying to do......umm, drum up attention, site hits, get their name in the press.... Same crap, different day.

Lol ! You sound damn confident about this :) how can you say so confidently ? ;)

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Lol ! You sound damn confident about this :) how can you say so confidently ? ;)

You sound damn confident about a baseless, senseless rumor. There's a reason why he can say that confidently, because to believe that rumor would make Apple the most idiotic company on the planet. Overhaul the 3 with the 4 probably about six months away? Seriously?

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Why do you care so much about it? It's a freaking screen and if it works, then it just works.

It makes a world of difference, It makes a huge...a huge difference to me ! :rolleyes:

----------

The iPad 2 got a new battery after 1 year, when the new iPad came out.

but yeah maybe Apple was not ready with the new battery then when they had originally launched the iPad-2 which with iPad-3 they would have got ready. And looks like now Apple is ready with the IGZO displays for the new iPad so they could be releasing it.

frosse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Sweden
This.

If they would revise it now one of the big (rumored) features for next years iPad would disappear. So no, they won't introduce IGZO on the current iPad. What they could do though is include IGZO on the rumored iPad Mini this fall. Though I'm not sure we'll see one this fall but next year.

62tele

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
"How can Apple expect half of the world be using a difent product of iPad-3 and remaining the other. I sincerely wish and pray to god that this does not happen .."

Are you serious?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I wish I could do that but it is reported by Digitimes which has a reputation of being Bang on target as far as rumour with Apple products is concerned. Had it been anybody else it would have been another thing, but it is Digitimes.

Ummm...digitimes is no more accurate than a monkey randomly tossing darts at pre-fabricated news pasted on a dartboard. :rolleyes:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Digitimes?

The only difference between their Apple news reporting and the ramblings of a mad man on a street corner is that the mad man on the corner is right once in a while.

nastebu

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
Augustya,

you give in your first post a long list of reasons why this is an unlikely thing to happen. Pretty much everyone on the thread has agreed this would not be a very smart for Apple to do. So, what more do you want to know? You asked if people though this might happen, and you have your answer.

If you want to believe Digitimes anyway, go ahead, but I'm not clear what more you want to accomplish in this thread. Nobody can tell you it will or will not happen since nobody knows. And it's already been made clear that everyone (even you) thinks it would be a bad more.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I know four different people with the new iPad and they all have said they have never had any issues. As to the overheating from what I have read it seems as if most people are over reacting because the new iPad gets slightly hotter and I mean slightly compared to the iPad 2. That being tests have shown that it is well with in normal operating tempetures.

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Like many of you I don't believe Apple would switch screens mid cycle unless it meant worthy cost savings, in which it would probably be a silent update.

HOWEVER, if the rumored iPad mini and iPhone mockups are true, then Apple is switching to a new Dock Connector. It's conceivable that they would update the iPad 3 to the same port for consistency and to promote the newer standard. THEN if they go through trouble of updated that part of the chipset, perhaps they could switch the A5X to a 32nm SoC for greater efficiency and lowered thermal output.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Like many of you I don't believe Apple would switch screens mid cycle unless it meant worthy cost savings, in which it would probably be a silent update.

HOWEVER, if the rumored iPad mini and iPhone mockups are true, then Apple is switching to a new Dock Connector. It's conceivable that they would update the iPad 3 to the same port for consistency and to promote the newer standard. THEN if they go through trouble of updated that part of the chipset, perhaps they could switch the A5X to a 32nm SoC for greater efficiency and lowered thermal output.

So screen change looks highly unlikely at this moment ? So the possibility is there but probability is less ? :rolleyes:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
So screen change looks highly unlikely at this moment ? So the possibility is there but probability is less ? :rolleyes:
There so many things wrong with your first post that it is not funny. The iPad has a product cycle of one year. It is not just a pile of parts. It is a carefully engineered device where each component plays a critical role in the functions of the other components. You don't just rip-out one component and slap in another using a different technology. It takes longer than a year to make a change like that.

Advice: Rumors are made for entertainment, not buying decisions. If you can't handle rumors, then don't read them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.