Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farsider3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
I use Word for Mac 2011 on a 1.6 GHz Macbook Air with 4 GBs of memory. Yesterday I downloaded and installed a 110 mb patch for Word that had come up on the automatic update installer. Since then I have experienced significant slowdown. It only began after I restarted my computer. There is a long delay between typing a character and its appearance on the screen, or moving characters from one place to another. Activity Monitor does not show an extreme CPU or memory usage, and I am not using more computer memory than normal. And it is only Word that is slowing down. All the other programs are normal. Does anyone else have this problem, and know of a fix?

Edit: This only happens when I'm in review mode, with all the comments and fixes displayed in text boxes on the right-hand side, and color changes to the text in the middle. Still, this is new behavior. Before the patch, this function was working quickly.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.