Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rubenvieira

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Funchal
Hey guys,

Do you guys think 1199€ is a good buy for this?

Model: MD318 (Late 2011).

- Intel® Core™ i7 - 2,20GHz
- LED 15,4"
- 4096MB RAM
- 500GB
- ATI Radeon HD 6750M

This model get's a geekbench score of around 10185 while the current 2012 base model get's 11731. The current 2012 base model will cost me an extra 800€...

:( I really didn't want to buy an "old" computer, but it looks like a really good deal actually.

What do you guys think?

arubin

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
good price

I think that's a pretty good price. Yeah Ivy Brigde is awesome, but it's not worth the extra 800 euros... there will be people that will disagree with me. what are you going to be using it for mainly?

rubenvieira

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Funchal
Thanks.

Well, my main uses for it will be Final Cut Pro, After Affects, Photoshop, Illustrator and a couple other photo/video editing software.

Will be editing Full HD footage off me DSLR and processing RAW image files.

I won't be gaming at all on the machine. Well maybe an occasional Facebook game or two :p

gigiuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2006
Yes it is a good price and I'd probably get one myself for €1200. They were priced at €1749 only a few weeks ago (before the update) and where I am now I'm seeing them at €1479 lowest, still too much for previous generation tech IMO. I'll see if I can get someone here to match that price (BTW is that an online store or a shop you're getting it from?).

Last edited:

hiohokaybye

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
I actually think that's a little pricey:/

I'm selling my mac on craigslist for $1450 USD, and there hasn't been a legit buyer yet...
And this is my spec:
2011 MBP 2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Hi-Res Screen and the rest is not customized. But if you think that's a good deal, pull the trigger:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.