Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Just thought you guys should know, AVG thinks your site contains malware and advises against visiting with a giant warning. You guys should check for malware and then contact AVG

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Just thought you guys should know, AVG thinks your site contains malware and advises against visiting with a giant warning. You guys should check for malware and then contact AVG

Is it the entire forum or just a particular thread? Can you send a screenshot to arn@normalkid.com

I'll try to get in touch with AVG too.

thanks
arn

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
It looks like the whole forum. The front page doesn't give the same warning. It also appears as unsafe in the Ad-aware toolbar as well now.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I've seen those things to mostly be a crock. Anybody can enter a site manually to Google and get it flagged as possessing malware.

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
I'm inclined to agree. I went to a few sites that allow you to check for malware and none of them flagged anything. Even AVG's site checker itself.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've seen those things to mostly be a crock. Anybody can enter a site manually to Google and get it flagged as possessing malware.

Thats true, but to a lot of people, they won't know better and would err on the side of caution and avoid the site altogether. Better to get the issue resolved and have the warning(s) removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.