Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
its likely that apple has something awesome and new waiting for us. i mean, why else would it take this long for a spec bump???? i just think theres more in store for us this time around. does this seem possible?

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Who knows. Would it be nice to think that the delay means a redesign? Yes. Could it be reading too much into it? Yes.

Attachments

• yoursign.jpg
    yoursign.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 81

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
Something awesome and new? Just like the Mac Pro update folks waited 2 years for? A long time between updates signifies nothing, as the Mac Pro "update" taught us all.

sukai

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
There definitely skmething big for the mac pro next year, as for the imac i doubt its anything big. Personally i just want a specbjmp and if itdoes have a redesign am fine with tbat but i don't feellike waiting till october just because of a redesign.

JayInNJ

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
What could be so awesome? What do you need, a monitor, a keyboard and mouse? Specs will continue to improve with the latest peripherals, but nothing earth shattering. I don't consider getting rid of or reducing a bezel or making it half an inch thick that exciting, especially if it compromises the functionality or price. The best thing they could do is add about 10 more USB ports (preferably USB 3).

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
Well if you look on the 4s case they were late to release it as well, and it wasn't new at all, just minor improvement.

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
its likely that apple has something awesome and new waiting for us. i mean, why else would it take this long for a spec bump???? i just think theres more in store for us this time around. does this seem possible?

Apple is not waiting. WWDC was focused on MacBook Pros, so it's probable that we'll see the new iMac with the launch of Mountain Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.