Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
It seems when I am away from the aTV for a while, then fire it up, all of the movie cover art (from my local HD) is missing and only repopulates as I select a movie. Is that the way it is working for all of you? I though the cover art would be cached and not have to do a whole repopulation when started. Once it populates it seems to hold on to the art work for a while but then loses it.

It's interesting that the cover art at the local Movie's level there as can be seen by the rotating movie covers on the left side of the screen.

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I experience this at times to. As I have a mix of ok and damn well mind blowing cover art - which means high quality huge size. - I just put it down to some artwork is just way to big for what's needed, and the atv is having to render it to correct sizing.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I experience this at times to. As I have a mix of ok and damn well mind blowing cover art - which means high quality huge size. - I just put it down to some artwork is just way to big for what's needed, and the atv is having to render it to correct sizing.

I do notice that some cover art loads quicker than others. But I don't think any of my files are particularly large.

I guess what I have noticed is that when I first got the aTV3 the cover art always seemed to be there. Now it seems to keep getting lost and having to be repopulated. I wonder if this has something to do with the latest fw?

Also, I noticed that if I go through and repopulate all of the images 1 by 1, then go back to the movies at the start, they no longer show the cover art I just repopulated. I have about 300 movies and it's like the buffer for holding the cover art has been exceeded and so it can only show a certain number.

Or could it possibly be due to the fact that I have a 2TB HD with only about 130GB free space left on it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.