Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Loki-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Does anyone use Bitcasa? Is it as good as it appears or is the software bad?

I'm looking for a large amount of cloud storage, so any opinions on it or alternatives to it would be helpful. Hopefully this is the right forum!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I tried it in beta and it was totally wonky
It was frustratingly slooooow and never gave me any results

I gave up after about 2-3 weeks of trying to make it useable
I uninstalled it

After using Dropbox flawlessly for so long, I was not willing to compromise

Your mileage may vary, and I'm sure they have addressed some of their issues now

stiwi

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2010
Dubai
I think the recent update for Mac is pretty decent. I was wondering if there is any way to run Bitcasa as a network share? Bitcasa is disabled under sharing preferences because it is... already a network share itself. I would like to make it run as a network share for XBMC playback off the cloud.

Any ideas?

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
Anyone using Bitcasa right now (2015), and happy with the service. I've read quite a lot about its ups and downs, but don't see much here (dedicated to just this service) on MR after a forum search.

I want to back up everything across all of my computers/devices without having to manually manage it all (as much as possible). Right now I am paying for 1TB of DropBox storage for this purpose.

Thank you for your input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.