Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
i was just wondering if we can duplicate or copy my dvd direct to my disc from iDVD?

mcpix

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2005
No. iDVD is a DVD authoring program. It takes quicktime files, adds menus and creates a DVD.

If you're asking if you can make duplicate DVDs from an iDVD project, than the best way is to have iDVD create a disk image. You can then use disk utility to make multiple DVDs.

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
No. iDVD is a DVD authoring program. It takes quicktime files, adds menus and creates a DVD.

If you're asking if you can make duplicate DVDs from an iDVD project, than the best way is to have iDVD create a disk image. You can then use disk utility to make multiple DVDs.

yes it tried it in using disk utility http://myfirstmac.com/index.php/mac/articles/how-do-i-burn-a-dvd-cd-on-my-mac/ but it didn't work for me the picture is way different from my pictures it wont work when i drag the disc to source: as image below is the picture of my duplicating that it work

Attachments

• utility disk.png
    utility disk.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 71

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
is it because imac utility disk cannot do on duplicating dvd's? when i open the utility disk window theres no sign or symbol of black yellow icon for burning, anybody has its own imac that encountered same of my problem?

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
whoaahhh very annoying the snow leopard cannot burn or duplicate dvd's tsk tsk tsk very bad i just found now when i open my other imac lion os x and in there u can burn and duplicate what the i wonder on apple product they are not consistent on its software installed what a shame

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
yes it tried it in using disk utility http://myfirstmac.com/index.php/mac/articles/how-do-i-burn-a-dvd-cd-on-my-mac/ but it didn't work for me the picture is way different from my pictures it wont work when i drag the disc to source: as image below is the picture of my duplicating that it work

Select the CD volume in Disk Utility, then File->New->Disk Image from "your source volume". This will create a file on your Mac, which is a copy of the source DVD, that you can use to burn to another DVD.

----------

whoaahhh very annoying the snow leopard cannot burn or duplicate dvd's tsk tsk tsk very bad i just found now when i open my other imac lion os x and in there u can burn and duplicate what the i wonder on apple product they are not consistent on its software installed what a shame

You mean Apple adds and changes features in different versions of its operating system? :eek: FOR SHAME!

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
Select the CD volume in Disk Utility, then File->New->Disk Image from "your source volume". This will create a file on your Mac, which is a copy of the source DVD, that you can use to burn to another DVD.

----------

You mean Apple adds and changes features in different versions of its operating system? :eek: FOR SHAME!

yes coz i have two imac one is "snow leopard" and "lion OS X" to my surprise only lion OS X can duplicate and not snow leopard i wonder how no matter what i do the same procedure on youtube i saw i wont work in my imac "snow leopard" so i try to open my new "lion OS X" and there... i can duplicate my dvd and burn it to my disc whoaaahh stupid apple, sorry of that word

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
yes coz i have two imac one is "snow leopard" and "lion OS X" to my surprise only lion OS X can duplicate and not snow leopard i wonder how no matter what i do the same procedure on youtube i saw i wont work in my imac "snow leopard" so i try to open my new "lion OS X" and there... i can duplicate my dvd and burn it to my disc whoaaahh stupid apple, sorry of that word

I am fairly sure that the method I've outlined will work in Snow Leopard.

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
I am fairly sure that the method I've outlined will work in Snow Leopard.

oooohh yeah its now working wheww thanks for this tsk tsk burning or duplicating is so different on Lion OS X from Snow Leopard thats actually pissed me of coz you the functions are way different, i wonder why they do that unlike on Windows that u will not lost if u purchase Windows Laptap 3years ago coz the function are all the same unlike in apple that every year if new OS its new function too whoaahhh so bad cheatah... anyway thanks for this tip theSeb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.