Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mmasuperfan77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Help, I've noticed my 1 month old iPad 2 has a very small dent in the back, you can really only notice it if you hold the iPad at a angle, I was wondering if I could get this relaxed in stoe at the apple store? I've read lots of storys regarding people getting there's replaced for all sorts of reasons

Many thanks

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Could I just say its been there all the time ? It's under a month old..

You could, but it couldn't;t be very effective as it would be obvious you wouldn't wait 1 month before returning your iPad that came with a dent. If I was in your situation I would tell them the truth, and hope for the nicest employee in the store. Apple is generally really good with there customer service and the way they treat there customers. Just tell them the truth about how it happened and ask them if there is anything they can do to help. Or just buy a case and you can't see it? Also how did it get a did in it?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
You could get an exchange for whatever reason you wanted to like you don't like the look of the screen etc if you wanted to stretch the truth. A small dent I don't think Apple would give you a hard time for it. Why? Because they have tons of refurbs that come with a new outer shell. So if you are willing to swap out a new iPad 2 for a refurb I don't see them giving you a hard time.

FYI, buy yourself a rubberized case so you can help avoid those problems in the future. ;)

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Could I just say its been there all the time ? It's under a month old..

You mean you're asking us if it would be all right for you to tell a damn lie? You know, normally when I am planning to do something morally reprehensible and technically fraud, I don't put it out for public consumption first. :rolleyes:

TurnTronics

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
If the dent is the only thing wrong with your iPad, it is highly unlikely they will replace it. If you had a functional defect, they may overlook the small ding.

When I owned the iPhone 3GS, there were some small hairline cracks on the back by the charge port. They would not replace it even though they were due to a manufacturing defect.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Sometimes I think that some posters here have the morals of a high level politician. i.e. none.

Now, was that really necessary?

frank-barney-clueless.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.