Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1
MacDawg
macrumors P6

Stephen Covey, author of "7 Habits..." dies

'7 Habits' author Stephen Covey dies after cycling accident

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Stephen Covey, author of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and three other books that have all sold more than a million copies, has died. He was 79.

In a statement sent to employees of the Utah consulting firm Covey co-founded, his family said the writer and motivational speaker died at a hospital in Idaho Falls, Idaho, early Monday due to complications from a bicycle accident in April.

"In his final hours, he was surrounded by his loving wife and each one of his children and their spouses, just as he always wanted," the family said.
Covey was hospitalized after being knocked unconscious in the bicycle accident on a steep road in the foothills of Provo, Utah, about 45 miles south of Salt Lake City.

At the time, his publicist, Debra Lund, said, "He just lost control on his bike and crashed He was wearing a helmet."

Covey is co-founder of Utah-based professional services company FranklinCovey.

Catherine Sagers, Covey's daughter, told The Salt Lake Tribune in April that her father suffered some bleeding on his brain after the accident.
Sad to hear of his passing
His books and materials helped many to reorganize and reenergize their lives

RIP Stephen Covey
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:30 PM   #2
evilgEEk
macrumors 68000

Wow. That is sad to hear.

I had heard about the bicycle accident, but didn't hear anything more, so I assumed he was making a recovery.

Glad he was surrounded by family.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:34 PM   #3
entatlrg
macrumors Demi-God

Yes, very sad to hear. His publications helped me over the years.

RIP Stephen.
entatlrg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:39 PM   #4
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Indeed very sad, he will not be forgotten; his book is standard in our company around the globe.

RIP Stephen
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 02:18 PM   #5
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Wow, sad to hear when something so simple like a bicycle accident turns tragic. I've been through FranklinCovey organizational training and appreciate the system and the principles. It really can help one get organized and learn to better track and prioritize. I wish his family the best during their time of grief.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:42 PM   #6
darkplanets
macrumors 6502a

Not a good way to go out, for sure. That's very unfortunate to hear for anyone.

I personally didn't find his title piece (7 habits) to be that good of a book/program, at least for me; it seemed like a lot of a common sense. To each their own however, and for whoever it helped, great!
darkplanets is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:45 PM   #7
wordoflife
macrumors 604

I really liked his books.
Requiescat in pace.
wordoflife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:39 AM   #8
rhett7660
macrumors G3

Rip........

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events