Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:53 PM   #1
rickwoo
macrumors newbie

Whatsapp last seen timestamp problem

Hi all,

I just updated whatsapp on my iPhone 4 and the latest version of whatsapp have a feature to disable the "last seen timestamp" which means your last online time will be hidden. However I'm confusing about turning it "on" or "off", as I have been trying both but still my contacts can see my last seen time.

Any experts can help? I would like to hide the last seen time, what should I do? Turn it "on" or "off" under the setting -> advance -> last seen timestamp.

Many thanks
Rick
rickwoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:20 AM   #2
unlimitedx
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwoo View Post
Hi all,

I just updated whatsapp on my iPhone 4 and the latest version of whatsapp have a feature to disable the "last seen timestamp" which means your last online time will be hidden. However I'm confusing about turning it "on" or "off", as I have been trying both but still my contacts can see my last seen time.

Any experts can help? I would like to hide the last seen time, what should I do? Turn it "on" or "off" under the setting -> advance -> last seen timestamp.

Many thanks
Rick
Wow I had no idea about this feature. My last seen is set to ON right now, so change to OFF to disable timestamp
unlimitedx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:53 AM   #3
brandyboot
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimitedx View Post
Wow I had no idea about this feature. My last seen is set to ON right now, so change to OFF to disable timestamp
have you tried to uninstall/install it? just make sure that you are going to send your important threads to your email first so you will have a backup in case old msgs will not be restored...
brandyboot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:13 AM   #4
*Calypso*
macrumors regular

As much as I appreciate this new feature, it functions in a weird way. It does not only hide my own "last seen timestamp" from other people, it also hides all timestamps (now voluntarily) shared by other people from me.

Is this some kind of "if you go incognito, your friends go incognito too" joke, trying to convince you too keep this the timestamp activated? This is probably also the reason why you can only change it every 24h, so you don't just turn it back on quickly to see someones timestamp.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the last seen timestamp was ridiculous in the first place, but if someone obviously wants other people to know, why can't I see it while hiding my own. That's like Facebook hiding your friends profiles from you as long as you don't fully expose your own to others.
*Calypso* is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:41 PM   #5
juliemoon
macrumors newbie

Wow I didn't know Whatsapp had this new feature! I think it's useful for certain times, like if there's some creepers who look at your last seen online time and force you to reply their messages lol like "I see that you are online"....

As for your problem, do you need to update the app again? Sometimes there's random bugs in the apps, but it goes away after you update it
juliemoon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps