Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilverMermaid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Got some trouble which I can't fix. Help is appreciated.

My MacBook has no more audio on internal speakers. Running Lion 10.7.4 with no software updates available. Did the NVRAM reset multiple times including 1, 2, 3 and 4 chimes without success. When connecting headphones the Sound Output does work. The Sound output switches from 'Digital Out' to 'Headphones'. Without any cables/speakers connected the Sound Output returns to 'Digital Out' without audio. There is no Sound Output named 'Internal Speakers'.

Any advise? Genius Bar, be stuck with it for eternity, trash it and buy a new one (seems a shame)....

SilverMermaid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Just changed the 'Use audio port for' to 'Sound input'. Under sound output devices the 'digital out' changed to 'Internal Speakers', plugged the headphones in and now I have audio over the internal speakers. I am sure it wasn't designed this way but the workaround works.

Any advise on finding the way back to the original setting where 'Internal Speaker' is the option for 'Sound Output'?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.